SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Winchester Model 1895 Thread (13 Nov. new pics on pg. 3)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Model 1895 Thread (13 Nov. new pics on pg. 3) Login/Join 
Picture of KPSquared
posted
I had a metal toy one that cocked and blew air out the front when I was very young. I’ve always wanted one but only seen one that was not for sale in a gun store. Today, that same gun store had one for sale in 30’06. 412,xxx sn# range.

I finally have one!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KPSquared,

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
".30 GOV'T '06", no less. That's gorgeous!

(Sigh.) I think I'm going to have to start saving up for one of those in .30-40, just because.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
That's a gorgeous rifle. Nice score!

Posts: 1009 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Neato. That's quite a rifle.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Teddy was still with us he would say... Bully! I have wanted a Saddle Ring Carbine 95 in 30-06 forever. I had one in my hands last winter but was too broke to buy it. Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Nice find! Have you shot it yet?

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
If Teddy was still with us he would say... Bully! I have wanted a Saddle Ring Carbine 95 in 30-06 forever. I had one in my hands last winter but was too broke to buy it. Frown
He used one for black bears in upstate New York. There is one of his rifles in a small Museum there.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Nice find! I would've whipped the wallet out lightening fast for that one.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! That is a very nice find.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. It was the one firearm that that was “buy on sight” for me.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Beautiful! Nice find! Have you shot it yet?

No, not yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Very nice find.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I applaud your common sense in buying something you want when you first see it. The more usual thing is to wait a week and its gone. Some smarter guy sees it and buys it on the spot.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on finally getting to scratch that itch!!

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Very cool! I've wanted one in .30-06 for 25 years.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Got it home today.
I’ll update with more pictures in the near future.
Manufacture date was 1921.
The trigger is fantastic!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KPSquared,

Thanks,
KPSquared

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Wait...That one was here in Kaintuck? Worse still, I missed it and you got it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks drilled and tapped for a Lyman receiver sight. Shootable history!

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Man that thing is cool! Looking forward to hearing how it shoots...I imagine .30-06 out of a levergun will be no slouch in the recoil department Eek!

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My circa 1906 Model 94 in .32WS has the same narrow, crescent steel buttplate. Its a thumper.
Men were men (and sore) in that era!