SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger Announces the First Marlin Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Announces the First Marlin Rifle Login/Join 
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted
I got an announcement from Ruger today that the first Marlin will be out shortly. An 1895 SBL in .45-70. The press release looks good.

Suggested retail of $1399.99

• Receiver, lever and trigger guard plate are CNC machined from 416 stainless steel forgings.

• Barrel is made of 410 stainless steel and is cold hammer-forged which results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.

• Threaded barrel, with factory-installed thread protector, has a 11/16'' x 24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.

• Full-length Picatinny rail allows for the mounting of a variety of optics, including a “Scout” scope.

• Built-in, accurate sighting system with adjustable ghost ring rear aperture sight and a fiber optic dot with tritium ring front sight.
• Six-round, tubular magazine with a loading gate located on the receiver.

• Soft-rubber buttpad effectively absorbs recoil.

• Positive, push-button, cross bolt manual safety and traditional half-cock hammer.

• Reliably feeds a wide range of .45-70 Govt factory ammunition and bullet types.

• Durable, laminate buttstock and forend remain dimensionally stable in varying weather conditions.

• Sharp checkering provides an excellent grip in all weather conditions.

• Spiral-fluted, nickel-plated bolt aids smooth cycling.

• Oversized lever loop provides clearance for operation with heavy gloves.

• Slimmed-down forend for an attractive look and comfortable feel.

• Also includes: Sling swivel studs, offset hammer spur.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of upgrades or so it seems. My experience with Rugers laminated stocks are that they are needlessly heavy. And $1400? I believe you can get a Henry for less than 1K. But I want to handle one to find out more about it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvcI2r6Zw_I

Video and review of the new rifle.

“If the federal government is allowed to hold a monopoly on determining the extent of its own powers, we have no right to be surprised when it keeps discovering new ones.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 234 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Previously on sigforum:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/8120056584

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
For the price, a Henry, 45-70 suits me.

Those older JM rifles are $1200+, I have one in 444.

Posts: 6168 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video shows a nice rig. Hey, Ruger? How about a 16 inch barrel big loop stainless Trapper in .357 44M and 45LC? And priced about $750.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
^ Agreed! Bring back the pistol-caliber trapper 1894s (but a regular-sized lever for me, please!)!

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
• Spiral-fluted, nickel-plated bolt aids smooth cycling.

Aesthetics wise, I think I'd prefer a non spiral fluted bolt .. but if it noticeably improves the cycling I'm ok with it... otherwise I'm fairly stoked about what Ruger has done to improve this legacy Marlin design and the results. Can't wait to get my hands on one and see it up close! Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ruger MSRP's have traditionally been much higher than they end up selling for. Lets hope for everyone's sake and their's that holds true.

I hope they make a product like what they used to sell, rather than "tacti-fy" and "ugly-fy" it like Ruger likes to do with semi autos and anything with plastic.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This makes me interested in a 45-70, I still want my stainless 45colt with threaded barrel.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post