SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ- made some changes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ- made some changes Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
I found a 16.5" Lilja barrel for my CZ457 VPT rifle. Today was the first time at the range. The change was the right direction. First trip, first perfect score on the target card. I was impressed with the little snubbie. Ammo was RWS R50 shot at 50 yards.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2743 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I would say that is very impressive, and some good shooting!

Archerman

Posts: 2475 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for looking. That little 16.5" will shoot. In case people may not know. That inner circle is the size of a dime. The back of these targets have the "unlimited" size dots. That will be the next challenge. Big Grin

Posts: 2743 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's some great shooting, and a cool looking (and clearly very capable) little rifle!

Curious...are there a lot of aftermarket manufacturers making barrels for the 457, and how involved is it to swap them out? I'm currently waiting on my first suppressor to get ATF approval and have been accumulating hosts....I don't have a scoped bolt-action with a threaded barrel yet. One of these might be just the ticket.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
92, a fair amount of aftermarket support for the CZ457. The trigger assembly is adjustable for overtravel, pull weight, sear engagement. Timney make a great replacement trigger (I have one in this rifle set at 12 ounces). Several companies make replacement barrels. Lothar and Lilja are two that I know and they are drop in. The barrels use two set screws in a wedge type attachment. The receiver is machined with a 11mm scope mount. PLenty of optic and mounts. Forearms on some models have a means to attach a bipod. So yeah there's plenty to play with.
The one above is a factory supplied Manners carbon fiber stock and receiver. I replaced the barrel with a Lilja and the trigger with the Timney drop in version. The factory barrels are really pretty good and most will shoot MOA or better. This was the first day with the Lilja barrel and I was very pleased. I haven't heard of a Lilja barrel that did not shoot well. Good luck it's a deep rabbit hole, but a lot of fun.
If you have any questions just let me know and I will be glad to help.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'm not ready to buy anything yet, but its nice to see what's out there.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Very nice, got2hav1

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine has the CZ 457 in 7.62 x 39. It’s one of the early wood stock models with the set trigger. He has a decent VX-3 scope on it. This is a great hog gun. I’ve shot it a number of times. With good ammo its very accurate.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Another beautiful day in NC. Cool,sunny and no wind. A great day to shoot the CZ. I tried the unlimited ARA target today. The inner circle is 3/8" and shot from 50 yards. Not much margin for error. I ended up with a 2025 score. Shot with the old discontinued Federal Ultramatch. I sure wish they still made this ammo,it is very consistent in most barrels. Too much fun.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice shooting again!

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Picked up another CZ457 today. American model in .22WMR. The previous owner says it's a good one. I hope to find out this weekend. I think the American is CZ's best looking rimfire. I may change the barrel to a .22LR later down the road.

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I must agree the 457 American is the best-looking stock. I have a 457 Lux; intended to use iron sights but with my eyes I had to go with a scope. Had I known that would probably have bought the American instead.

I do have an older 452 Ultra Lux and will leave that with iron sights, or maybe a Tech Sight, for the younger ones to learn on.

Posts: 18004 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I decided to take my 457 Varmint and make a back up to my 457 VPT. I found a KRG Bravo stock and Lilja recently got some barrels in stock. Then ordered a Timney trigger. I got it all put together today and topped it off with Athlon Argos 10-40 X 56 scope. If the wind calms down tomorrow I'll take it for spin.

Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifles and great shooting. I may have to pick one of those up eventually.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post