SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone know a stock with an exceptionally tall back?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know a stock with an exceptionally tall back? Login/Join 
posted
I have found this difficult to search for, as the internet keeps assuming I want a comb riser, or a stock with a long LOP, for a tall person. What I am after is a stock that will allow me to have the gun sitting high on my shoulder, while still having enough material left to have a decent connection to said shoulder. The DD stock is perhaps a decent example of what I am after, but I am curious if there are more options anyone can think of. A rather extreme example of what I am after, for those that recall, is the Duostock. Thanks in advance, for the help.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Google: adjustable recoil pad

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Try the recoil pad search above or target stocks or precision rifle adjustable stock etc.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I never would have thought of adding an adjustable pad to an existing stock. I am gonna get a Morgan economy pad, and try it out.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally did get an economy straight pad from Morgan, and installed it on my weapon's CAR stock. It worked out pretty well, and should give me the extra contact I need, in that carbine's use-case. The original intent was to enable an upright head position, for use in passive NVG aiming; it seems like it will work for that, be a cool CQB perk overall, as well as being good for use with a gas mask. Thanks again, for those that led me to the adjustable pad.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Is this for an AR? Google "Fang" butt plate. lol Not what it's really for, but...

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually recall seeing that before, now that you mention it. Honestly, if I had a CTR, I would have entertained the fang as an option, if for nothing more than to prove my idea. The Morgan pad worked out well, looks far less ridiculous, and is adjustable to boot. The fang would need something added for grip too. Ultimately, a high optic mount should be the primary route, in achieving the heads-up position. My set up ended up being a bit of a compromise: a decently high optic mount with the slight drop in the stock afforded by the Morgan.