SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissele Super Duty 556 Rifle: New "Kermit" Gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissele Super Duty 556 Rifle: New "Kermit" Gun? Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
Maybe just a brief infatuation, but I couldn't resist checking out and then buying (Curse you Arizona!!! Wink) a Geissele Super Duty 16" 556 Rifle in their "40mm" (green) finish. The trigger and overall build quality is superb. I admit the finish is a bit flashy, but I really like it. I'll probably use this as a competition rifle for events like "Three Gun" matches.

I've ordered a Magpul stock and grip I prefer over the OEM, and one or two other minor accessories. I picked up this 4x32 Trijicon ACOG from a fellow SF member at a great price through the Classified section here, and it's the "Chevron" .223/5.56 BDC model with a green reticle. I'll be testing this at the range later this week, and maybe comparing it with a Leupold VXR 1.25-4x20 as an option.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Does the barrel have the heavy profile or is it lighter weight?

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Barrel is a 'Geissele Profie' which is a modified Gov't Profile, so not LW.

VERY Nice Rifle Pulicords! I'm on the list for a 14.5" Super-Duty in Luna Black, and 'Super' excited to get one... Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats P, looks like a real laser. Color could grow on me. The optic with green chevron is a nice add. Going green I guess Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Congrats P, looks like a real laser. Color could grow on me. The optic with green chevron is a nice add. Going green I guess Wink

Yes! I've really gotten into the Trijicon MRO with a green reticle, though I think the extended range benefits associated with the ACOG are worth consideration. Now, if I only had a green bezel Rolex Submariner watch (aka: a "Kermit"), I'd be set!!! Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post