SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Swiss K31
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swiss K31 Login/Join 
posted
Gentlemen,

I have an interest to purchase one of these. I know ammo is 1.50
A shot, I know I have plenty of modern rifles that do it better.

But damn. I want one.

Anyone tell me about them or the best place to get one?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
high priced but honest and complete descriptions on each arm=Empire Arms. Redding dies specially made for reloading the 7.5x55. Use 308 bullets.

Posts: 102 | Location: Kalifornia | Registered: September 17, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go to Simpson Ltd. or Eidelweiss Arms if looking for a K31.

Very nice rifles that shoot very well. I prefer the G11/K11 for Swiss rifles but, that is just me.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second Simpsons or Eildelweiss
Add Legacy Collectables.

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A K31 has been on my want list for a long time.
Ammo availability was always a concern & I don't reload.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Just passed on one almost solely because of the ammo. Still hurts.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shadowboxer
posted Hide Post
I love my K31's. I got them from Aim Surplus years ago.

If anyone is in the DFW area I have 800+ rounds of the imported Swiss ammo I'm parting with to make room in the closet.

------------------------------------------------------------

Proud to be in Texas!

Posts: 945 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've had my K11 and K31 for many years now, and every time I shoot them is a picnic.

I've just received the brand-new over-bore mount set-up that does what it says on the packaging - puts the scope over the axis of the bore, unlike its predecessor that was slightly offset to the right.

Only available from the manufacturers - Swiss Products of Kalispell MT - it's a sure-fire way of getting the maximum accuracy out of what is already and astonishingly accurate rifle, with careful reloads in getting just over MOA all the day long.

If you DO get a yen to treat yourself to one of these set-ups, give Latigo St Marie a call and tell him I sent you. Wink

Posts: 11303 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I had two K31”s and one K11. Down to just one K31. Very accurate and fun to shoot. I got into them back when ammo was reasonable. I”d bought three cases of the ammo along with lesser packages of the ammo. I”m glad I bought the ammo when I did!

Can’t help on where to buy. It’s been too long.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I would go to Simpson Ltd. or Eidelweiss Arms if looking for a K31.

Very nice rifles that shoot very well. I prefer the G11/K11 for Swiss rifles but, that is just me.

I agree with the above as place to purchase your Swiss rifle. I also like the K11 over the K31. I been using use Lee Pacesetter Dies for 20 years to load the 7.5 Swiss. Graf & Sons use to have 7.5 Swiss brass but the can also be made by reforming 284 brass which I did until Graf got the Swiss bass.
Update: Graf has 7.5 brass in stock Link. https://www.grafs.com/retail/c...gory/categoryId/770?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: samnev,

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to close the loop.

I bought a nice condition k31 from edelweiss arms and 200 rounds of ammo from SGAMMO.

Going to go shoot the 100 yard gong and see if I can make it sing Smile

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Will you check under the buttplate for information about the swiss owner? The prior owner of mine lived in Basil.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Don't tempt me like this, lol. I got bitten by the milsurp bug hard this year....so much so that I got my C&R and am now out of room in my safe. I don't need any more. But my son has been bugging me about picking up a K31, and I'm not a tough sell...

I think we need to see some pictures of that "new" rifle!

Posts: 8389 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:The prior owner of mine lived in Basil.

Was his name 'Herb'?

I think you mean BasEl.

Posts: 11303 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can get brass from Grafs or make it out of .284 like others have stated.

I buy PPU brass from Powder Valley and the have it in stock. I have PPU brass in several calibers and it is has always been top notch.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've owned five of them....all tack drivers.

Used to be $299 but have gone up since but seemed to have settled back down to a reasonable price.
Ammo used to be $270 for the 480rd battle packs but easily double that now.

ringing plates at 300 and 400y

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a few when the imports first hit the U.S. market. They were very accurate rifles for surplus military arms.

I got them when they were cheap and most of the surplus sellers had them. It will be a bit hit and miss finding one now. I've purchased from Simpsons, but they're a little on the pricey side. I've never been a fan of Empire Arms. He's very high and used to have the habit of listing any guns with pitting as "appears to have blood pitting". I think he caught so much grief he finally stopped doing it.

Posts: 932 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, we just rolled the dice on one of these without a magazine for $399 from Center-fire systems. We'll see what we end up with, but youtube reviews of others who have ordered are very positive. Magazines are drying up fast...I paid $100 shipped for an aftermarket one, which sucks, but if the gun is decent it'll still be a decent deal compared to what I've seen everywhere else online.

Posts: 8389 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Rifle came today. Stock is a little dinged up, but sound with no cracks or gouges. It even has some cool Swiss logos stamped in it. Metal is excellent, and bore is pristine. Every S/N I can find matches, including the stock (although obviously not the magazine, since one wasn't included). For what we paid, I'm very happy. Still waiting on the magazine, dies, and brass before we can go try it out but I have no reason to believe it won't be a shooter.

The rifle even has the tag under the butt-plate from the Swiss serviceman that it was issued to. Anybody have any idea what any of this means?

Shout out to Centerfire Systems. They were really easy to deal with. I completed the checkout process, uploaded my C&R though the website, and they shipped it first thing Monday morning, and it arrived Tuesday. I may have to try ordering more stuff from them in the future.

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know

He is/was a Gunner [artillery private] born in 1940. His name is/was Jean-Paul Domengos. He was in 6th company 2 battalion, and his address was Pully des Collex 15, [present-day name] in Geneva Canton - a French speaking part of Switzerland.

Please join the rest of us on gunboards Swiss section, where all the Swiss folks hang out, as well as Swiss Products, my old pals Peter Ogden [leatherworker] milprileb [Swiss schtuff maven] and Leon, retired US Army gunnery officer.

And me Smile