Freethinker

| Which screw holes are you referring to? I don’t have a Ruger Mark II any longer, but I still have an aluminum chassis I used with one chambered for 308 Winchester. The two holes in front of and behind the opening for the trigger mechanism and trigger guard are about 2.55 or 2 5/8 inches apart (center to center). I don’t believe, however, that that dimension would be any different for a long action. The distance between the middle action screw and the forward (angled) bedding screw is about 4 1/4 inches, but I don’t know if that distance would be different for a long action. I would think that the opening for the magazine in the stock would vary depending upon whether it was a long or short action. The length of the magazine opening in the chassis I have is about 3 1/8 inches.
“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” — Plato |
| | | Posts: 49974 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002 |  
IP
|
|