SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tavor X95 any “must have” options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tavor X95 any “must have” options Login/Join 
posted
I picked this up Friday and it is the Tavor X95 in 5.56

It is as it came from the factory.

Years ago I had SAR predecessor and the owner added a Giessele trigger and added various options including a gas block panel and for those w the x95 model is there any must add option?

I have just taken it apart and cleaned it.

This one’s trigger is awesome- a huge improvement in design. Anything else?

This is a daylight use gun so I am not lighting it as I have a Benelli lighted for nighttime configuration.

Photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mFbAakj3fUtK8mVv5

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I bought the Gesselle trigger pack for it a while back before the Apocalypses hit.
Didn't have the X95 yet and when I checked recently the X95 was going 3 or 4 hundred dollars over retail.
So I wait.
So I have the trigger but not X95. Frown

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of these. I think they really need the geissle trigger. I've only handled mine and a few others I handled at the LGS but I have never felt one with an 'awesome' trigger. If that's what you think I think you can just load up and shoot.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Geiselle trigger pack without a doubt! They are expensive but worth every penny.
I put one in mine & it was just like the Geiselle's I had in my AR's.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
All I did to mine was put a regular pistol grip on it and put a magpul AFG on it.

Posts: 7387 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
The trigger on my X95 is light years better than my old Tavor SAR, so I left it stock. I took the handguard rail covers off, added Ergo rubber rail covers on the side and a Magpul AFG on the bottom. It slimmed the front of the gun down a lot and feels better to me YMMV. I just felt the stock covers made it too chunky. The AFG also just puts my support hand at a better angle. I added MBUS pros because I just didn’t like the built in rear sight, I had a hard time getting a sight picture using it. I felt the peep was too small. For optics, I went with a MRO.

I love the gun for what it is, a super reliable 5.56 in a small package and I don’t have to deal with SBR’ing or possible future brace issues. People complain about accuracy, but I found it to be about the same as a 16” AR, I’m getting + / - 3MOA with whatever ammo I run through it, mostly cheap 55gr stuff. Maybe a better shooter could do better, I’m an average at best shot.
I hope you enjoy your new X95.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lightning bow trigger. I got mine for 75 bucks and hands down the best upgrade for the money. I don’t feel the need for a hammer pack now.
Besides that a good light and I put a Comp on mine, I can ring idpa plates pretty damn efficiently with it. It’s def. a red dot/holographic sight rifle

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a regular Tavor. I hate hate hate the cutlass style trigger guard. My first swap would be the pistol grip. As for triggers, once I removed the second trigger return spring the trigger became acceptable to me. Kind of like a mil spec AR trigger. Not great but workable. Never have had any issues with it removed either.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Trigger upgrade and RDS for my X95. Very happy with this gun once I got used to the bullpup design.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the gun. I have not figured out the bolt hold open but will, and wonder why it is in such an odd location!

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Geisselle Hammer pack is a HUGE upgrade and IMHO should be the first thing you upgrade.

I think that a lot of people forget that there is also a Geiselle trigger bow that also should be added. Not quite as huge an upgrade by itself as the Hammer pack is but well worth doing. Order the takedown wrench from IAI and it's not a difficult install though not as drop in quick as the hammer pack is. With it the formerly 11lb trigger is a very nice trigger almost as good as a Geisselle AR-15 trigger.

I haven't ordered a different buttplate for mine but liked the one my buddy had so it might be the next thing I'd go for.

Best of luck with yours!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The MagPul AFG, a Streamlight and a MRO sight were all I added. But I shot one last month with the Geiselle trigger and am definitely doing that upgrade.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
beyond the trigger options. i benefited from the ejection port gasket/seal options out there (manticore,midwest,gearhead). even unsuppressed i noticed less gas up my nose or behind my glasses. the curved buttpad on my SAR from manticore was fantastic. dont have one for the x95.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Switch to a pistol grip, it’s very easy to swap out.

Posts: 1541 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to note that the factory trigger in the SAR is not the same as the one in the X95 (unless they’ve upgraded SARS with the X95 trigger). So, comments about how heavy the SAR trigger is don’t carry over to the X95. I’m not even sure that the SAR trigger is 11 lbs, but the X95 certainly isn’t. There is definitely some improvement to be had with an aftermarket trigger even in the X95, but it isn’t almost mandatory like it is in the SAR. My SAR has a Shooting Sight trigger, and my X95 has a Geissele trigger. Or maybe, it’s the other way around. On my X95 I also have a gasketed ejection port cover, and swapped out the cutlass grip for the pistol grip. Also have the Manticore buttpad, but haven’t installed it yet.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
If you decide not to get the X95 (and decide to sell the trigger pack), please let me know. Email in my profile. Thanks.

Ador

quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I bought the Gesselle trigger pack for it a while back before the Apocalypses hit.
Didn't have the X95 yet and when I checked recently the X95 was going 3 or 4 hundred dollars over retail.
So I wait.
So I have the trigger but not X95. Frown

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The cutlass handguard does lend itself to more accurate shooting but replace it with the pistol grip without. It’s a great rifle..

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is pretty basic - a port cover, a RDS, the pistol grip and a round handguard.

Posts: 217 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: February 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post