SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Kriss Vector coming!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kriss Vector coming! Login/Join 
posted
Found a reasonable price Kriss Vector 45acp carbine on line.
Have a ton of 45 ammo. Noticed glock 21 mags dried up.
Any input on the ETS glock 45 mags? Have used a few in 9mm as range mags with no issue.

Might put a folding stock on it and make it a truck gun.
Figure 50 yds max for a useful critter gun.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used the ETS 9mm mags and they were fine.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess their 320 mags aren't too good.
Cheap enough. Might grab one in 45 and try it.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a few Kriss extensions that work perfectly with my Glock 21 magazines in my 45 ACP carbine.

Posts: 112 | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
ETS 45ACP mags don’t fit into CMMG products, maybe they will in a Vector.

Posts: 1500 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have some SGM magazines in 10mm that work just fine. Though I do not have a Kriss.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25407 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Found a reasonable price Kriss Vector 45acp carbine on line.

Congrats, any details?

I was vacillating back and forth between the 45acp and a 10mm a while back.
Never could pull the trigger, while I really wanted a 10mm > I had a hard time justifying another caliber.
Then the APOCOYLPESE came. Frown
Nevertheless, I still have a hankering for one.
Congrats again. Cool

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
My next to buy gun is a Kriss Vector 45 in white. I keep looking online and drooling at them but just can't justify the almost $2,000 they are going for right now. I will wait it out until things calm down a bit.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I still want one. About 7 months ago, I found a folding stock version in .45 acp in a LGS. I was 50.00 short of the asking price. The owner would not budge.

I went directly to another shop and bought a FNX Tactical in .45 acp.

Still regretting the decision........

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
OP, I can't tell you if ETS or other MFGR mags work, but the OG Kriss extensions and any Glock mags work fine.

A number of year back my former business partner was the lead tool & die maker at TDI (Transformational Defense Industries) when they started designing the Kriss Vector. We met because I worked part time at the gun shop where TDI tested the Vectors on the range. A year or so after he left Kriss and I had retired from USN, we went into business together. So I had quite few inside stories on TDI & the Vector.

Best one is why the 45acp guns are M16x1 LH threads. It's simple but funny, the only gun he owned at the time with a threaded barrel was an H&K USP45T. My partner didn't have any drawings or other guns to take measurements off of when they were doing the first few threaded barrels. So the first few Vectors had M16x1 LH and there was a plan to change to the more standard US 5/8x24, but that never happened. Smile

About 7 years ago Kriss offered a friends and family deal to employees, $500 for any gun. By that time my daughter was working at Kriss part time while working on her degree and little known to me she bought one of the F&F guns, an SBR even. I had no idea and it was a super surprise when I got a call one day they had a form 3 transfer for my shop (had my own FFL at the time). I usually knew or had a heads up when they were going to be doing a transfer. She even Picked me a very cool custom serial number that the ATF let slide, sort of. Big Grin

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When do you think conversion kits might be available for it?
I ordered a couple kriss extensions and a couple ETS 18 rounders. Ended up with a FDE, but would have preferred black. Even at 1700-2k, they seem to go fast.