SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Witt Machine SME
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witt Machine SME Login/Join 
posted
Anyone see these? I'm not sure if I'm curious enough to try it or just bored?

https://www.wittmachine.net/sm...=41686718&quantity=1

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://shop.advanced-armament..._en_us/blastout.html

Advanced Armament has one too- threaded so it can fit on a flash hider.

I'm eventually going to build an AR pistol, and seriously considering one on the end. I know AR pistols/SBR'd AR's are obnoxiously loud, but from what I've been told, these devices push everything forward. A few friends have them, I haven't seen them in action yet, but they're saying that they work.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, linear compensators are handy for short barreled rifles, since they direct the entire muzzle blast downrange. Otherwise the oppressive muzzle blast can be annoying to the shooter, or for other shooters on a line. Also good if you do a lot of prone/rollover prone shooting close to the ground, since they help minimize the amount of debris that's kicked up by the muzzle.

These style of muzzle devices have been around for a while. The first one I can recall seeing is the Noveske Pig, which has been around for about a decade.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been running a kaw valley for a while as a linear comp. What I found interesting and ok it this is their reported claim of it being hearing safe for the shooter. In fairness I've never metered my other comps but they definitely don't sound hearing safe.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
What I found interesting and ok it this is their reported claim of it being hearing safe for the shooter.

Actually, it specifically doesn't mention the shooter.

It says: "When the unit is assembled it allows for complete control of dynamic recoil forces while keeping the pressure wave from the shot, downrange. This allows for maximum recoil control and a hearing safe environment for your Teammates or fellow shooters on the firing line."

I take that to mean that it (and assumedly other similar linear comps) probably lessens the distance behind/beside the shooter at which the shot is hearing safe. For example, it may be under 85 decibels at 5 or 10 yards instead of 15 or 20. But it's still unlikely to be hearing safe for the shooter or someone immediately near to the shooter.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post