SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Removing the muzzle device washer help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removing the muzzle device washer help Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Broke the original flashider on an AR loose to change it out to a YHM for my suppressor. The washer behind the flashider is somewhat loose, but tight enough it wont slide over the threads on the barrel, thought on getting it off? thanks.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Side cutter might get some of it,drammel cutter might get a little more the pliers to twist and break the cuts.Tape barrel and threads to protect them.Be sure to clamp in vise for sure cuts.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
See if you can thread it off.
I have to do this with some banjo bolt copper seals when they close up a bit from being over tightened.

The crush washer should be softer than the threads on the muzzle.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
thanks guys. I did try to thread it off, no dice. Cutting it off sounds like the best option.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
thanks guys. I did try to thread it off, no dice. Cutting it off sounds like the best option.

I've used a side cutter to put some notches in it at a couple places and then pliers to break it. I'm pretty sure if I used a Dremel I'd end up having to buy a new barrel.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Dremel cutting wheel

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post