SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Traded my SCAR 16S FOR. LMT MWS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded my SCAR 16S FOR. LMT MWS Login/Join 
posted
Several weeks ago I posted about trading my SCAR 16S for a LWRC in 7.62x51. Most of you said don’t do it, so I didn’t. I did however trade it today straight across to my buddy who HAD to have a SCAR. The LMT is NIB.

Did I mention that I purchased the SCAR complete with a Trijicon TR24 on a Larue mount as well as an offset red dot and 6 loaded FDE windowed Pmags for $2200. Take away the price of the optics and I had $1200 into the SCAR. So, I basically have $1200 into this rifle as well.

Posts: 1100 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
#WINNING!!!!!

I'm a huge SCAR fan but a non-SBR SCAR16 for an LMT MWS is a great trade IMO - although the LMT is a heavy little beast.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. As long as you wanted a 308 in the first place, this was an every-day-and-twice-on-Sunday trade.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heh, I remember the other thread, the LWRC wasn’t real exciting but an MWS! Eek

Nicely done.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Good trade!!!!

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
You did well. That is a top of the line rifle.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Yup, I would have made that trade all day.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
Great trade.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
Great trade, you will not be disappointed with the MWS. It is a great rifle. The BUIS on that rifle are worth quite a bit too. Wish mine had come with those. What was he thinking?

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
That was a great trade. You will be very happy with your MWS. I love mine. It is a blast to shoot.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hot dog! Nice score. I've finally decided to dip my toe in the large caliber AR universe and decided to go with the LMT platform. I'm a huge fan of LMT products (it was my first AR after the ban) they are of exceptional quality.

Congrats!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
That was an easy decision. I’m just not a fan of SCARs, but the LMT is a favorite, especially for $1200!

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post