SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    JP Enterprises - GMR-13 or GRM-15 Anyone own one and if so your thoughts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JP Enterprises - GMR-13 or GRM-15 Anyone own one and if so your thoughts Login/Join 
posted
I had the opportunity to spend this last weekend in Covington, GA where the US Steel National Championship was held. A SIGForum member was shooting in this competition and he invited me to hang with him on the firing lines for two days....WOW...Top names shooting there and everyone was as friendly and as nice as they could be especially since I think I asked well over 100 questions over the two days that the SIGForum member as well as his shooting friends were always happy to answer.....

Most of the shooters in the PCC center-fire rifle class were either shooting the GMR-13 or the newer version the GMR-15.....These are 9mm carbine AR style rifles that are ready to run and will eat most any ammo....Wanted to ask if anyone here has either model and if so what you like or do not like about your model. These are custom built and at some point in time I may purchase one of these rifles...just not today....Thanks Mark

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
During the ban, I bought a ground-up AR-10T from them, and it was a laser. The problem at the time was the magazines, which meant that while the rifle was a monster in accuracy, it wouldn't run.

I don't hesitate to recommend them, because dayum that was a fine rifle that was crippled by pre-ban mags at the time.

While I can't speak to the model, those guys do fine work.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I was at a show where they had a range behind each booth.
I stopped at the JP booth and fondled and fired an LRP-07 and a 9mm carbine.
I don't recall the model number on the 9mm but the LRP-07 was a revelation on what a properly setup .308 rifle can be like.
I had a friend take some video and there is little or no muzzle movement when the rifle is fired.
I think everything that JP does is well thought out and executed.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple JP 9mm's, and all of the guys I shoot with also run them. I have found them to be the most accurate, reliable and well thought out PCC's for my applications. The run like raped apes. The 15's add last round hold open and a new mag release, but I still like the older ones better. Save up your pennies and buy one, you will be happy with it.

Posts: 1787 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to each of you for taking time to provide me feedback....Gonna start saving and go this route as soon as funds allow while they are still affordable....Thanks Again Guys...Mark

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post