SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MPX barrel/gas block gas hole diameter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX barrel/gas block gas hole diameter? Login/Join 
Picture of Smokey99
posted
Thanks!

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
3 Gun, PCC, IDPA, Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MPX questions take a lot more info given the various versions and SIG changes.
but .0469 is a good estimate of the baseline for a G2 8" barrel early production.
Not sure why it matters, but OK.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Smokey99
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm running a standard 16" barrel - don't know if that makes a difference.

"Son, always take your paper to the woods" - my dad
NRA Endowment Life Member
3 Gun, PCC, IDPA, Bullseye Shooter

Posts: 315 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokey99:
Thanks! I'm running a standard 16" barrel - don't know if that makes a difference.

The real 16” barrel that comes on the current PCC, or the 14”-ish barrel with the pinned long flash hider that came on the first MPX Carbine? From what I’ve heard, the gas port on the Gen 1 MPX ranged in diameter from .0550″ and .0625″. The Gen 2 gas port is .0469” (the original MPX Carbine is a Gen 2 in the overall MPX generations scheme). The gas port on the MPX PCC is supposedly .0495″ (some people call the PCC a Gen 3 because of the various changes, but technically I think it’s still a Gen 2 as far as Sig is concerned).

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post