SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What rear sight am I looking for? Criteria inside.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What rear sight am I looking for? Criteria inside..... Login/Join 
posted
In need of a rear BUIS.

Needs to be/have:

American made
Folding
Windage knob on the right
Sturdy/durable
Metal
Available
Affordable for mortals

Optional:

Adjustable for elevation
Adjustable aperture

What am I looking for/what do I need to look at?

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
I was going to recommend the Knights 600m Adjustable Rear BUIS but then I saw the "Affordable for mortals" part... Big Grin

Joking aside I've bought all mine on the second-hand market at fairly reasonable prices. They do go fast though so you gotta jump when you see 'em.

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Magpul Pro.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Sounds like the Magpul Pro.

Yep.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul Pro could be in the running.

Anything out there with a more "traditional" AR type sight picture, i.e. an aperture between ears?

Anyone have feedback on Samson Manufacturing rear sights? At least some of them are listed as being American made. Those look more like what I think I'm after.

What about the GG&G 1005?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M1Garandy,

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Sampson sights that seem to be pretty decent.

Matech has a metal rear sight that has elevation.
Just a single apature though.

Posts: 1468 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
I'd also recommend the A.R.M.S. #40 A2 Flip Up Rear Sight. Usually around $75-80 shipped on the ARFcom used market.

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
I'd also recommend the A.R.M.S. #40 A2 Flip Up Rear Sight. Usually around $75-80 shipped on the ARFcom used market.

I like the look of the ARMS sights, but unfortunately, the windage knob is on the wrong side.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
You’re a lefty?

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
You’re a lefty?

I am not.

posted Hide Post
Also eyeballing the Midwest Industries ERS and the YHM 9860.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Troy sights.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I prefer the Troy sights.

As do I, but they don't have finger-adjustable windage knobs like the OP wants.

Posts: 32398 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaaaaaaand, I ended up with a brand new GG&G 1005 locally in a package deal for a price I could not refuse.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Your location says "Midwest", and you bought a GG&G? Tsk tsk...

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it makes you feel any better, I would have come home and potentially bought a Midwest Industries MCTAR-ERS if the deal had fallen through.