SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger SFAR range review.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger SFAR range review. Login/Join 
posted
I had a few hours to spare today and boy was it beautiful. The hurricane moved out and a cool sunny day followed. I took out my new Ruger SFAR with 20” barrel to see how it would do with my reloads and the 180gr Remington Core-lokt ammo which came with the gun. I ran a box of the Remington ammo, and only 5 of my loads. More on that to follow.

The Remington ammo did well for factory hunting ammunition. I got my best 5 shot group in a little over an inch at 100yds. My hand loads did right around an inch at 100yds, but I was only able to shoot 5. This gun has a very short chamber and as I found out today, if you do not trim exactly to 2.005 it will lock the gun up. I read about this happening to others as well. I have loaded literally thousands of this same load for my LMT MWS and never had a single problem. All factory ammo fired without issue.

I only plan to hunt with the gun so I am ok with buying factory hunting ammo for it. That will be a while as it came with 12 boxes of the Remington…lol.

The gun is lightweight, low recoiling, and handles just like my AR15 in 5.56.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1139 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mighty fine! Mighty fine, indeed!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2397 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post