SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR15 magazine gift from a friend...nice surprise today...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR15 magazine gift from a friend...nice surprise today... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
A couple months ago I helped a cowboy action friend change out a fixed buffer tube/stock on a Carbon 15 he bought on the cheap to use for a truck/beater gun (he has other nicer ARs) but he had no castle nut wrench or vice block, so I brought my portable vice and everything else needed and changed everything out before we had the CAS match that morning.

This morning at the target setup for tomorrow's CAS match...he came up to me and said he has something for me and gave me four 20 round Colt .556 magazines (UI stamp on body)...he said that he had these since he came back from Vietnam in 1971. They show some use, but are in very good condition.

It was a nice surprise Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Good Karma for helping your buddy. Congrats.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good things happen to people that help each other out. Every time you see or use those mags you will think of that day you helped a friend out. Priceless

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post