SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Aimpoint Pro or ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aimpoint Pro or ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The majority of the Eotechs that I had would eat batteries when not used. I wouldn’t take a chance on an Eotech turning on if I needed it in a life or death situation. That’s on top of it being large and bulky. I got rid of all mine. YMMV.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Not to mention all the ill will Eotech engendered with the shooting community when they tried to cover up their thermal drift issue.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Went to my gun club and shot an AR for the first time this year. Chose my Bravo Co with an Aimpoint Pro. Was zeroed exactly as I left it last. The mount is very good, holds its zero after removing and replacing the unit on the rail. Yes, the knob is kinda big but the mount comes with the red dot at no extra cost, a great deal for a really good set up.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The PRO is a great optic, but I would go with a Trijicon MRO. Save the weight and footprint, especially on an SBR. I've used both as a duty optic and currently have the MRO on my 11.5" BCM/DD mutt gun at work.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 814 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I happen to like the MRO and have a dozen or so on various non serious competition guns since its been cheaper to me than the aimpoint. But for serious use it simply does not have the proven track record of the aimpoint. Someday maybe, but at this point no. Serious use use an aimpoint, non serious use whatever you like. And the MRO saves nothing material in terms of weight or footprint so I'm unsure what Revolution37 is saying on that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post