SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Christensen Arms Ridgeline
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christensen Arms Ridgeline Login/Join 
posted
Anybody own one and have any real world experience with one? Won one in a raffle and searching for reviews has them all over the place as far as QC.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own two of them. One in 30 Nosler and one in 6.5 PRC. Both accurate, light-ish, and well built. I did need to send the 30 back early in my ownership. They replaced the stock because it was “out of spec” causing some erratic accuracy. Since the replacement it is spot on. Both are sub-MOA guns. I am a fan and will likely buy another if I can figure out a caliber that I want/need.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
congrats, winning that in a raffle is a pretty neat deal. I do not know anything about them. Carbon fiber barrel I believe?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
I own two of them. One in 30 Nosler and one in 6.5 PRC. Both accurate, light-ish, and well built. I did need to send the 30 back early in my ownership. They replaced the stock because it was “out of spec” causing some erratic accuracy. Since the replacement it is spot on. Both are sub-MOA guns. I am a fan and will likely buy another if I can figure out a caliber that I want/need.

This one is 6.5 CM. Waiting on a rail to get here as I already have a scope and rings for it. Curious to see if it has some of the QC issues I've read about. Visually everything looks like it was done right.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Amongst my hunting friends we have 6. 2 of the 6 (including my 30) went back for minor fixes, but all are GTG now. And Christensen was on it with great service.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
Good luck. Amongst my hunting friends we have 6. 2 of the 6 (including my 30) went back for minor fixes, but all are GTG now. And Christensen was on it with great service.

What issues did y'all run into?

posted Hide Post
Aforementioned “out of spec” stock on my 30. Friend with a 300WSM had to have mag well and floor plate replaced for unreliable feeding. Honestly, he may have damaged it himself, but Christensen repaired. Mine obviously a defect. I’d get two good shots in a group then start horizontal stringing. After replacement, good tight groups.

No action issues, no chamber or barrel issues, nada. I love these rifles.