SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Has anyone used a Primary Arms 3x Micro Prism on SCAR 17 (pics 29 Nov)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone used a Primary Arms 3x Micro Prism on SCAR 17 (pics 29 Nov) Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a SCAR 17 at a killer price and have this optic laying around and not being used. I want to keep the gun light and not make it 15lbs with optics, mounts and bipod. This will be used out to 500 yds max. It is a battle rifle and I have a Noveske 308 that is set up for longer ranges. I also plan to run a offset dot for close up. Has anyone used theirs on a SCAR 17 or any 308? PA states they are tested to 7k on a SCAR 17.

Please don’t tell me to spend 2K on an optic because I spent over 2K on the gun. Not every gun needs a high end optic Smile. My 3x is mounted in a MI QD mount, so it should not be beat to death by the SCAR 17 recoil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't hesitate to. I'm in the same situation with an LMT being the pig and wanting to keep the Scar light.

I recently put a T1 on it, and I honestly don't want to take it off. It's so handy, and I can do a lot with a 2MOA dot. My LPVO is 19 oz and weighs it down.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I don't see why not. If you feel comfortable with it, that's all that matters.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I dig it. Looks like a handy "jack of all trades" setup for a .308 battle rifle.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Primary arms says on their site that they put one of these on a scar 17s and fired 7k rounds without a problem, I wouldn’t worry one bit

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good setup to me!

Nice rifle.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took mine shooting today. I bought an ADM QD micro ACOG mount because I like QD. I used the supplied cantilever and just added the ADM at the bottom.

Great optic. I would say a great optic for the price but that implies it’s good for the price. It’s actually just good good.

I kind of screwed up though. I had every intention of zeroing slightly (1.5 inches roughly) low at 50 yards to get the 100 yard zero. In my new optic excitement though I forgot and just straight up zeroed it at 50 so all the BDC stuff is now off. I will fix that next time.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
Would you mind sharing what you paid for that scar? I’m tracking sale prices and have been watching these things drop a bit.

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Accomplice:
Would you mind sharing what you paid for that scar? I’m tracking sale prices and have been watching these things drop a bit.

I purchased this gun NIB from a buddy going through a divorce with 4 mags, custom fitted rolling hard case and Barnes ammo for $2800. Not a fair comparison since you would be buying from a dealer at market price.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post