SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    S&W Model 1854
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Model 1854 Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
My FFL says it will be impossible/difficult to source due to demand.

Puzzling. Think that could have anything to do with why a gun manufacturer might believe it a good idea to dip their own toes into those waters? Confused

A mystery to be sure. Roll Eyes

The friend I mentioned ended up buying a used gun because it was impossible to locate a new one. Just because one person has no interest in a particular thing, whatever it may be, doesn’t mean that other people won’t want one.
And something else I see all the time is:
“That’s a travesty, and not what a gun like that should be.”
“Uh, huh. Guns like what they should be have been around for decades; do you own one?”
“Well, no [or ‘yes’], but I don’t have any use for [another] one.”
“Gotcha.”

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47751 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
No problem for me with more producers of lever actions, but that rail is ugly AF!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17644 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
sigfreund,
When I asked my local FFL if he could get one of the Marlin Dark Series in .44 he said impossible to unlikely.
My FFL specifically stated when the first new Ruger produced Marlins got released (blued/walnut) that the Distributor forced him to purchase an assortment of Ruger handguns as a package deal to get one rifle. Some of the handgun assortment proved unpopular at the retail level and sat in the glass handgun display case and over time cost the FFL having the display space tied up with unpopular models.
The FFL decided it wasn't worth it being forced to purchase the package deal.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1584 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
460 & 500 S&W cost even more.
https://www.bighornarmory.com/...9-carbine-18-500-sw/

Bighorn Armory makes some beautiful rifles and I'd love to have one. But they really are a custom maker. I'd like to see something like a Marlin 1895 chambered in 500 S&W at a more manageable price point.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11898 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Hard pass. Lever action = cowboy gun. Looks like a gun for those in ban states like CA.
Mossberg has (had?) one with not only the black synthetic "furniture" and a rail, but a AR/M4-style collapsible stock. Compared to that, the gun in the OP looks downright good. Big Grin

Posts: 28756 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post