SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 551-A1 manufacture dates
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 551-A1 manufacture dates Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted
Does anyone have an idea on when the 551-A1's were manufactured? Thanks

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Read a review dated January 2012 about the "recently introduced 551-A1" so the must have started producing them about that time.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another review from Nov 2011.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/rev...ic-sig-551a1-review/

Seems like they were introduced late 2011 because I bought mine in Dec. 2011

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dwill104,

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
The introduction of the SIG 551-A1 was announced in June 2011.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. A great gun, sure wasn't around long.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racine
posted Hide Post
I'm still shooting mine. It's too bad they stopped making them. I loved their design from the get go long before they made them here.

Posts: 257 | Location: Dixie | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I think that had potential as a viable sporting alternative to the standard AR15-type rifle.

Ever supplant it as the most popular? No. But serve as a quality alternative? Absolutely.

Oh well.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought one last year "new, old stock" with a Nov 2011 manufacture date.
I love this rifle, now I'm looking for a 556 pistol to sbr with the 551 lower.

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post