SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Go-To shop to rebarrel and cerakote a bolt action?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Go-To shop to rebarrel and cerakote a bolt action? Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted
I recently traded into a Zeus Terminus action that is the full thread (not quick change) that I'm planning a build for.

I would like to get some recommendations on a gunsmith/shop that would install and chamber a new barrel. I am also considering threading the new barrel for a muzzle device/suppressor attachment.

While getting the work done, cerakoting or other finish on the barrel would also be a nice service, to get things done in "one stop."

What smiths/shops have you used with a reasonable turn around time, with quality work that you would trust for your own rifles? Contact info/ websites in your reply is appreciated.

Thanks to you all.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would reach out to Larry P. Racine in NH.

Very good reputation, have not used him

He has a website you can check out

Posts: 344 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Jelrod1 may be able to help you:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/8260098394/p/1

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Jelrod1 may be able to help you:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/8260098394/p/1

Top notch gunsmith.
He built a 6.5x47 for me. Very accurate. Very clean work

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last build I had done was by Jim Kobe in Minneapolis. (Stiller Predator action, Rock barrel, MacMillan stock, Trigger Tech trigger.) I wanted the barrel and action Cerakoted, and he sent it to Eddie Fosnaugh in Michigan to have the coating done. I'm very pleased with the work done by both of them.

Fosnaugh is well-known for the quality of his work, and he also does barrel work. You may want to check him out. Not sure of your respective locations in Michigan, but he may be within driving distance.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post