SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Semiauto Shotguns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Semiauto Shotguns Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My FN SLP does everything I want.

Posts: 374 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Great shotgun, I'm sure it'll serve you well, and the price is even better. I have zero want for another shotgun, but at that price, I'm buying all day and twice on Sunday. Well done.

Shotguns are the one thing I did right in the realm of firearms. We all start somewhere, we try things, try other things, try new things, try old things. My first shotgun was a Benelli M4, interestingly enough, I never wanted for another shotgun. If only I started that way with rifles, pistols, WML, and holsters, I would have saved some generational wealth in wasted time/money. Fuck it, it comes with the territory. The only reason I have a second shotgun is I was gifted a Beretta 1201, which I really do love.

If I were buying for your purposes, I'd go semiauto and never look back.

Right on.

An old college friend of mine actually did that very thing. He was getting into shotguns, and asked me, he said "Hey, I think I'm going Benelli M4, is it worth it?" What I told him is this:
You're starting at the top, if it doesn't go well, it's your fault for sure.

A bad carpenter blames his tools. Sometimes it might be the tool, but be honest and learn the truth or never grow.

quote:
Originally posted by john crusher:
My FN SLP does everything I want.

Well fuck I guess I need one of these now.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27056 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you’re up for the NFA route, I have found a 10.25” barreled Benelli M1 to have nearly ZERO felt recoil. Coupled with a Burris Speedbead mount holding a FastFire 3, I can go through a 25rd box of 00 buck quickly without even bruising to my shoulder. On a H&K import, the ghost round allows for 3+1+1 capacity too.

Posts: 673 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The NFA route? I wore that out on stuff like this:

Here is where I am on the M2:

Oh no, mag tube too long! Oh no!.

Ghost loading? I'll pass.

Arc.

Posts: 27056 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a semi auto scattergun, I rolled the dice and bought a CZ 712 Utility. Shoots soft and has been very reliable. I wish its barrel (22 inch) was shorter, but for an all around use gun, its been great.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16194 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
OK I'm not buying an FN and a CZ... are there any other semis that aren't turkish or chinese garbage out there?

Arc.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
We still use the M1Super90 shotguns. Plain version. No pistol grip. No ghost ring. They have to be close to 30 years old. If not older.
If I can ever find our ATF list, maybe it will have a date on it (they're short barrel shotguns)

It will not cycle Winchester low-recoil buckshot. But it will cycle Federal low-recoil buckshot.

But to be safe, we load them up with full power buckshot (Flite Control by Federal)

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8069 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Winchester White Box is trash that won't cycle all kinds of things.

The shotguns I'm replacing had the same strategy, aim with the light. Ghost ring? Bead? Whatevs.

At 30 years, it's time for at least 2 springs... But if it works, why fix it.

Arc.