SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    idiotic charging handle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

idiotic charging handle Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You just have to look at their webpage to get the idea:

Get ready! This taxi is taking us to Pimp Town!

Huggy Bear-Approved "lifestyle accessories" for the Instagram generation. Needs more gold, though! The value of these items is determined by how good they look in Snapchat or whatever the fuck twenty-somethings waste their time with. "Utility"? That's so Twentieth Century, grandpa!

And if that manufacturer objects to our criticisms, they shouldn't fret. Their products are getting exposure and no matter how harsh we are, someone will pop up in this thread saying "I just ordered one of their AR grips and 'enhanced' takedown pins."

And all this "nextgen shit" Roll Eyes After that will be the nextnextgen. Don't make changes just for the sake of making changes, because you're going to end up with this kind of shit.

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I suppose for every ass there is a seat, I’m going to stick with the stock charging handle on my AR. I’ve seen other companies offering some variation of skeletonized pistol grip but, like that charging handle, I just don’t see value in it. And never mind those pimp daddy takedown pins. Yeesh!

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Gotta look good on the 'gram.

Posts: 32404 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As an added bonus, those pins can be used as cufflinks.

Remember- it is better to look good than to shoot good, and you look mahvelous!

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Customer Service (Tyrant Designs CNC)
Dec 20, 2022, 10:10 AM CST

Hello,

The charging handle itself has a slim profile to reduce the likelihood of it hanging up on gear or clothing, and the spring is stronger, so that even if the handle hangs or snags on a chest rig or body armor, the weight of the rifle itself shouldn't be enough force to actually charge the firearm or open up the bolt.

Thank you for reaching out!
Tyrant Designs CNC

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16250 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My one beef with the AR: The charging handle. I have always found it to be awkward to use. The extended ones, regardless of design or maker, have not changed my impression. Possibly because I began my shooting experience with conventional side mounted charging systems. Strongly considering switching my upper to a side charger.
What does everyone recommend for a decent charging handle? Ease of use is what I am looking for. My current AR is the Ruger SR556 and is Mil Spec.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Side charger with the same upper.
Reversible if you don't like it.
Side charger

Posts: 1468 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks powermad! Very interesting concept and cheaper than a full upper!

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Rex's review on that charger.

Posts: 1468 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a long standing tradition to Bling up a firearm. Heck, go back 400 years and you'll see firearms with rubies and diamonds decorating the stock and lots and lots of Gold inset into the actions. Me, I like to Bling up my Shotguns with really pretty wood so I do it too. These "handles" are nothing more than Bling. While it's not to my taste and does appear to have the potential to injure the shooter it's not of my business what someone puts on their gun to dress it up.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5599 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Pimping it for John Wick, not for us mere mortals.

Q

Posts: 26185 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obviously, none of you guys are ninjas, samurais, assassin's or anything cool like that. Duh, who doesn't want knives attatched to guns?

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Thanks powermad! Very interesting concept and cheaper than a full upper!

Yooper,
If you need anything or have questions, they are local to me and I can reach out. One of the owners is a former supervisor of a friend and the other owner is the training director of his agency.

Posts: 434 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, RR! I will keep you in mind. My range is under the same amount of snow you guys got, so I am waiting for the thaw to wring out my new SR556.