SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Non NFA 14” barreled shotguns
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non NFA 14” barreled shotguns Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
Now that it’s been 4 years how are folks liking their 14” shotguns ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I bought my Shockwave a little over 3 years ago and it’s been excellent. I’ve read posts from people saying that they are impossible to shoot accurately but I have not found that to be a problem and regularly practiced at 10 and 25 yards. Recoil is stout, even with my preferred low recoil 00 buck loads, but it is manageable and again not the nightmare some people have claimed it to be. With the mini-shells it’s just an absolute blast to shoot.

I ended up getting the stamp and making it a sbs, for which it is phenomenal. I hope to grab another one to keep stock if prices ever drop again.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handiest thing to have around the house. Put a light /laser on mine & love it. Not something to shoot every weekend though with arthritis in right hand.

Posts: 55 | Location: Central MS | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have the Remington 870 Tac14 with the pistol brace. Its pretty sweet.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm glad somebody thought to post this thread - local prices on the 12s have been coming down to something approaching sanity again.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Put the CT Side saddle laser on mine, which is a 20 gauge version. Fun, manageable and more accurate than I would have thought. Very happy.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I love mine Big Grin

Since this pic I added a sling attachment up front and the back of the sling is attached to the brace.
I want to add a Streamlight TL racker but haven't gotten around to it yet.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
These have had my curiosity, a bit more so since Mars posted his semi-auto version.

Would want to try one before dropping the $ investment, though.
I'm guessing the 20ga is easily more manageable, but that would also require stocking an additional 'caliber' to the group.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
...With the mini-shells it’s just an absolute blast to shoot...

What he said. It still feels and shoots different (I have two 870s) but is a great HD gun.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Shockwave has been rock solid. Mounting a laser with a pressure switch makes accurate distance shooting very doable. Not inclined to run 3" magnums again (that truly stings!), but at least I now know what I'd be in for if I had to do it. Fun shooting the Aguila mini-shells through it.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I have the Remington 870 Tac14 with the pistol brace. Its pretty sweet.

Just ordered a SB Tactical SBM4 for mine yesterday. Looking forward to getting it on there as the grip it came with is quite uncomfortable IMO.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go read the new proposed brace rule. Since the Shockwave was not intended to be shot one handed (two handed, one on grip, one on forearm) they will not be eligible to have braces installed.

Mine has an SBA4 and MESA buffer tube adapter on it right now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I asked / posted this as I’m currently awaiting delivery of my 590 Shockwave.
I ordered the Black Aces Kit , the the OpSol adapter & 50rds of Aguila mini shells.
Might be a little to Tact-a-Cool look but I figured why not?!
Anyone have the Black Aces kit on their Shockwave?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Figured I’d add a pic to show the CT Side Saddle Laser. 20 gauge is nice for this type of shorty, though turkey 3” is still somewhat stiff.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
though turkey 3” is still somewhat stiff.

Yeah, you don't want to shoot 3" mags out of these little guys. It hurts.

I made that mistake years ago when I had a Winchester Defender 18"er. Ouch.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I found that the shells on the receiver just make the gun heavy and the holder catches on everything.

I have a sling bandolier and a shoulder bandolier.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Streamlight lighted forend on the way for my Shockwave. Once that's installed, with the brace, it should be a pretty handy firearm. The shotgun next to it in the photo below is a Mossberg 500 MILS (basically a 590A1), with a 20-inch barrel. The Shockwave is LOTS lighter and handier!

Posts: 152 | Registered: December 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Here is mine next to my 20” barrel 870 Police Magnum.

ETA: I do have the tax stamp to make mine a legal SBS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pale Horse,

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Here is mine next to my 20” barrel 870 Police Magnum.

Not intending to cause trouble, so don't answer if you don't want to... but, did you form 1 it to add a stamp when you added a stock?

Would it be an SBS? AOW? Non-NFA? It wasn't a legal shotgun to start with, but rather an "other," so it makes me wonder what the proper NFA classification is.

No matter what, it's cool looking.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

No trouble at all. I think there are a lot of people who don’t know all the rules with these.

Yes, as mentioned in a previous post I got the stamp for mine and got it engraved in order to turn it into a legal SBS. As soon as you add a stock it changes from “other” into a shotgun and since it’s got a 14” barrel it’s a short barrel shotgun, which is illegal without the stamp and engravings. I should have mentioned that in this last post though and will go edit it.

I do hope to add another one though in original form. I should have grabbed another when they were plentiful and selling for around $350 or so. Now I see them at $600ish.