SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig Romeo5 opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Romeo5 opinions? Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
For use on an AR pistol. Acceptable for range/fun use?

Hard to put a 400 dollar aimpoint on a 500 dollar pistol with brace....

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have like 4, like them more than my tricicon mro

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have one on a .300 Blk pistol...I am pleased with it...seems to be a good value for the money. That being said...I can only compare it to a Vortex Strikefire as these are the only red dots (not counting an old TrueGlo that used to be on a turkey gun back in the day) that I have ever owned...
There are a few YouTube videos where the Romeo5 is dunked, frozen, thrown up in the air to bounce on the ground and shot with a shotgun...seemed to keep working and holding zero...
The "instant on" from any movement is nice...the dot seems pretty clear (even with my crappy eyes)...
It is a full co-witness rather than being lower 1/3 if that matters...
Overall, I like it.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have three of them on two pistols.
Love’m, also have three Aimpoints on three pistols.
I prefer the Romeo5s over the Comp M2s I have.

One more arrives this Friday.
At $100-$120 they’re hard not to buy.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I like them just be sure to put VC3 or blue loctite on the mount. Both of mine came loose without it.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Everyone that has gotten one seems to like them. I have one I haven’t mounted yet but can’t argue with the reputation, features, and price point. Palmetto has them regularly for $120 shipped.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I got one for $100 from Brownells so I’m covered by their “forever warranty” or if I just don’t like it in a year, I can get my $$$ back.

Found an ADM T-1 mount used for $40, so for $140 all in it seems good to try out on my Training rifle. The OEM mount is pretty cheap and likely the worst part of the stock setup.

If you want a step up, for $200 Primary Arms is selling the Romeo 4M.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... so it seems for 120 bucks this might be a good option... awesome.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Rhino what is the advantage to the 4M?

Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Dual reticle, Circle dot reticle & .5moa

It’s an extra $120-150 that feature.
For me .5moa reticle is best with a bit of magnification like 3X.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two of the Romeo 5s and have been very pleased with them. One on a 5.56 AR pistol - no issues. Had them about two years.

They are essentially re-branded Holosuns but Holosuns are good too.

For comparison I have several Aimpoints (H-1, two T-1, H-2). Both the H-2 and the Romeo 4M have less tint / clearer glass than the Romeo5 but for the money the Romeo 5 is a great option.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got 4 or 5 of them. Good sight, great price, and works great on my 300blk pistol built this year.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Rhino what is the advantage to the 4M?
Like Grumpy said, reticle options and it comes with front and rear lens caps.

At the normal R4M price of $250-300 it isn't worth it, but at $200 vs $120 for the Romeo 5 its worth considering IMO, depending on what you need it for.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the feedback.

Ordered the thing from PSA today. Romeo5 sight and 10 Pmags for 200 bucks... (and really, who DOESN"T NEED 10 more Pmags... Well, prolly me but i'll still take them)

I'll let ya all know what I think.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
For use on an AR pistol. Acceptable for range/fun use?

Hard to put a 400 dollar aimpoint on a 500 dollar pistol with brace....

I'm planning on a zombie attack or government rebellion, so I'd go with the cheaper sight as well on a fun gun. Heck I've got a cheapo Bushnell red dot I've used to play with on my Ar pistol.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's good just remember buy spare batteries auto on applies to car driving bumps also. Use 4m now is okay mount screw is cast breaks in cold hot transition sometimes. optic falls off onto table. Lowes special screw section get new steel one black paint n loctite its. Fixed

Posts: 29 | Location: tn | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I never cease to be amazed at the trouble some folks have .

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%