SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New SCAR Minimalist Rail (SMR) lightweight forend upgrade
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SCAR Minimalist Rail (SMR) lightweight forend upgrade Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted
Hello Sigforum friends! As a longtime fan of the SCAR I’m excited to introduce a new lightweight forend that I developed called the SCAR Minimalist Rail (SMR). The SMR eliminates the "blocky" and front heavy feeling of the SCAR by decreasing the forend grip circumference, streamlining the receiver hardware, and also reducing overall weight.

https://regosys.com/product/smr-11-forend-fde/

The end results have been outstanding so I wanted to share these with the other SCAR enthusiasts here. Everyone likes gun pictures so I’ve included a few below showing some different configurations. True to form as an engineer do I love to talk about my work, so if you have any questions please let me know!

You can find more info here: www.regosys.com

*I do have Para’s permission to post this thread. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brett B,

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Lookin good Brett. I like how it slims out the front end. That was needed.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6956 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Mmmm . . . sexy. Almost makes me regret my getting rid of my SCAR 17S. Bet then my shoulder twinges and I remember.

Maybe a 16 if they ever become realistically priced.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Pretty badass

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good feedback guys. It took a lot of extra work to develop the custom flush-fit hardware for streamlining the receiver sides, but it makes a huge difference in how the rifle handles with the slim ergonomic forend.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
The streamlined hardware looks awesome. Do you need to use special tools? I have a 16 and 17 and I have the PWS SRX cheese grater extended rail on the 16 and the 17 is stock so far. I tried to get KDG to sell me a new old stock MREX MKI but they couldn’t find the hardware and then blew me off after a while. I don’t like the way the new MKII looks. Your system looks better and slimmer overall assuming it’s durable.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3173 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man that's nice! If I wasn't already all Gucci'd out with PMM stuff I'd be all over this.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
No special tools required. Just a 2.5mm hex (Allen) driver, T20 torx driver, T25 torx driver, and of course a torque wrench to tighten everything down properly.

I had some questions about light setups. So here are a few pictures using Arisaka 300 series lights and their mounts to keep everything tucked in nicely.

SMR-9 and a 10" barrel:

SMR-11 and a 14.5" barrel:

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Don't have a SCAR, but I will say, that looks like a quality unit. Really helps to minimize the chunkiness.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like how you interface with the receiver without adding width. Unfortunately, there's no melt value for the gen1 mrex I have on my SCARs. Well done!

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Are the grip panels extra and do they require longer screws? I assume so. They look great.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3173 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
The grip panels are add-on accessories and they do come with the required hardware.

The picture of the black rail on the wooden bench top that I posted above shows everything that is included with the base forend kit.

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com

posted Hide Post
These look very nice. I’ll be considering it after my bank account has recovered from buying my SCAR17!

Posts: 300 | Location: Washington | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture for anybody curious how some of the various barrel length and forend combinations look with a suppressor mounted.

From left to right:
17S 16" barrel, SMR-13, Specwar 762
17S 13" barrel, SMR-11, Saker 762
16S 14.25" barrel, SMR-13, Saker 556
16S 10" barrel, SMR-9, Saker 556K

SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com