SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Have an opportunity to buy a Kriss Vector gen2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have an opportunity to buy a Kriss Vector gen2 Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
In excellent condition, its the rifle version. Thoughts, opinions, parts accessibility? Price is 1049$

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 16” barrel version with the long dummy suppressor over the barrel? Heavy and goofy looking. Maybe OK as a SBR or braced pistol, but there are a lot better PCCs out there for less money IMHO.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I'd argue "better at what?"

If I were in his shoes... I'm not going to use it as a weapon. I'm not going to shoot PCC matches with it. It'd be an occasional fun gun. So better is really relative. I've played with them a time or two and enjoyed them. Sure don't need one, but I'd probably buy it.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I thought they were really cool and wanted one… until I handled one. That’s all it took. Instant turnoff. They’re about second to none in the space gun looks department, but that balance and the safety digging into my hand made me walk. I also don’t remember it being light.

I was really interested in having a PCC that fed from Glock mags. I think now if I really decided I had to have a PCC, I’d get over that requirement and just get a Scorpion.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I'd argue "better at what?"

Weight, price, aftermarket availability, to name a few. For the record, I have a Gen 2 CRB in .40, which I only got because I wanted a PCC in .40, and that was about the only thing out there at the time. Doesn’t get used since I got a CMMG upper in .40 to use on my SBR’d MkGs lower.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If your only reason to own it is to take it to the range, plink occasionally and giggle, who cares what it weighs or how many timmie trinkets you can buy to hang on it?

That's my point. I can say all the world needs is vanilla ice cream, one scoop. That's it. It's cheaper. It's more available. It does everything you need ice cream to do.

What fun is that.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
If your only reason to own it is to take it to the range, plink occasionally and giggle, who cares what it weighs or how many timmie trinkets you can buy to hang on it?

That's my point. I can say all the world needs is vanilla ice cream, one scoop. That's it. It's cheaper. It's more available. It does everything you need ice cream to do.

What fun is that.

The OP asked for thoughts and opinions. Those were my thoughts and opinions.

Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies, sounds like it doesn’t do anything better than my Ruger PC Charger

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Thank you for the replies, sounds like it doesn’t do anything better than my Ruger PC Charger

Which, it slipped my mind to mention, is basically what I bought instead for that Glock mag PCC thing. Well, the full size, but still. With a braced Charger, I think you've got a more usable, lighter, far more portable gun in the end. Probably better product support, and that's not to say I know a thing about Kriss' product support, but to say that Ruger's is that good. Yeah, other than "it's more space gun" I don't think the Vector beats the Ruger in any ways that are immediately obvious to me.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for my son. Works great, looks like it’s right out of a video game, reliable, not light, it’s his when he wants it, I wouldn’t buy one for myself. I also wouldn’t feel poorly armed if I needed it for real.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kriss, for me, falls firmly in the "if it's not a machine gun, it's super lame; if it is a machine gun, it's super cool" category. Some PCCs just ain't right, and the Vector is one of them. The PS90 is another good example, although not quite to the same extent; I'd have a SBR PS90. A lot of guns were obviously designed with automatic fire in mind, and a few of them just feel too neutered without it. The MP5, as a semi-auto SBR, IMO, pulls it off, as do some others.

Posts: 2135 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a gen 1 pistol, which was plagued by the terrible cocking/charging handle mechanism. I had one heck of a time of charging it if the hammer was down and apparently it was a problem for many. It was super accurate for a pistol and fun to shoot but eventually sold it as it was becoming to costly to shoot and operate. I am not sure if the gen 2 is any better but the carbine version,like others have said, is kind of ungainly to shoot/hold due to the long barrel/shroud.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember that during the early days of the Vector, there were A LOT of local griping among owners over their particular gun's lack of reliability. Didn't seem to matter if the gun was a pistol, SBR or carbine, or what caliber it was chambered for. The 2nd gen was supposed to be better, but from what I recall those improvements came incrementally across the breadth of the 2nd gen run, and wasn't some all-at-once "fix" at the introduction of the Gen2 series. I remember a few of those early 2nd gen customers were still griping about the build and operational quality.

I don't know how the Vectors are today, but Kriss USA has long struck me as a company that never seemed to have enough money or resources to get things fully figured out. They did stun me that they had actually enough resources and financial backing to buy Sphinx several years back, not that this actually made that brand's market visibility significantly better. A good buddy bought a new SDP 3 or 4 yrs ago and it's had nothing but issues ever since.

But I confess that I once thought the "Stormtrooper" Alpine White Vector in 10mm was at least in look and concept pretty damn cool.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Vector for quite a while and bought the CZ instead. The CZ had so many advantages. While it doesn’t take Glock magazines, the 30 rd magazines for it are sure Glock priced, $20 for 30 round or 20 round magazines. And the magazines are excellent. I haven’t had any issues with them. You can put a brace on it or stamp it with a longer stock. I’ve modified the trigger with just drop in parts, trigger shoe, installed a duckbill mag release, larger charging handle, new pistol grip, AFG, Inforce WML and changed the safety to AK style with a left side delete. Also installed QD’s. To me for the $, it cannot be beat. I’d really like get the longer hand guard and the can that fits within it but I like it as a pistol too much. Fold the brace and it fits into a laptop backpack so I’ve made it my roadtrip rig for in state and reciprocity states. I do want to order a proper 9mm can for it that I can easily remove for travel. It’s more or less replaced my Benelli for HD as it’s so convenient to have stored near. I think a can and red dot are next and I’ll probably start a thread asking for input on both.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we talking 9 or 45? I think the Kriss is a little silly, but are there really any better options in 45 for it’s price point? If we are talking 9 then I think there’s a slew of things I would probably get over the Kriss including, but not limited to, a Pc carbine, a Pc charger with a brace, probably would do scorpion or maybe even palmettos AK-v.

That being said, if the Kriss suits you and you want it then you should definitely get it because I have terrible taste in guns and whatever I say is probably the complete opposite of what everybody else does.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
It was a 9mm and I already have a PCC Charger with a brace, the inputs here made up my mind and I passed on the deal.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking that a Vector was designed to reduce recoil and have a lower bore to mitigate muzzle rise.

Can't see any advantage with a 9, so I would have passed on it also. 45 Auto kinda makes sense.

Great concept, but I don't think they would make one in 45-70.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I went to buy the .45 version at a lgs. I was 50.00 short of money. Dealer wouldn't budge. I walked and bought the FNX tactical instead.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I looked at the Vector for quite a while and bought the CZ instead. The CZ had so many advantages.

I sent you an email with a question, bud, as I don't want to throw off the OP's thread.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post