SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR front sight
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR front sight Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
Sigfreund likely quoted you to ensure you received credit for mentioning that first, and then elaborated on it himself.

I agree with everyone, in that the front sight is a non-issue; it melts away when you're shooting. If you start adding lights and lasers to most rifles, the clutter in the bottom portion of your FOV gets even worse. If you look at it in an administrative setting, it appears "distracting", but when you go to actually shoot, you don't give it any thought.

Another thing worth mentioning is our troops have been using rifles equipped this way for decades.

I’m tracking. I took his first line as something else.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I have the PRO on my Bushmaster…….. have had it there for years. Been through numerous training and qualification courses through the years, never once did I perceive the front sight as a distraction.

Actually, I never notice it unless I purposefully decide to look for it.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post