SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I Gots All These AR Mags, Now How Am I Gonna Carry 'Em?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Gots All These AR Mags, Now How Am I Gonna Carry 'Em? Login/Join 
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike S:
I guess I'm just a damn Gear Queer,

Ahem.....we prefer kit whore Cool

I stand corrected!! Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike S:
ensigmatic—
I’ve got a Condor chest rig laying around that I’m not using. It’s not black, I think it’s like ATACS camo or something. It’s yours, if you want it. My email is in my profile. Shoot me your address and I’ll send it to you.

Thanks for the generous offer, Mike! Email inbound.

It looks like it might be overkill for my needs/wants, but I'm looking at Rob Decker's "Yeah, yeah, it's only six mags" comment and thinking "He may have a point." Smile

(Apologies for the tardy follow-up. I was taking something of a break. I've been spending too much time on-line and not enough time Getting Things Done.)

quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Ok, serious answer.

What is this AR for, and where will it be kept.

It'll be kept in the safe, ready to roll. (Once I get it re-sighted-in.) I keep a P320F in .45 ACP, with a light, immediately to hand.

The idea is to have something I can readily sling in the unlikely event I 1. Need more firepower and 2. Can get to it in time.

This pretty much implies an external threat that's still external and I want to keep external--or defend against if it subsequently gains entry. (And, yes: I know the walls of the house are worthless against anything but some handgun rounds and for cover.)

I understand and appreciate the reasoning behind plate carriers. That's further than I'm willing to go--at least at this point in time.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just jumped one of these, finally caught a sale that has my size. LBT is hard to beat.

https://mailchi.mp/73810f7715b...bo-deal?e=ecb71cac5e

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post