SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bergara Small-Batch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bergara Small-Batch Login/Join 
posted
Anyone seen this yet? Thoughts?

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Lmfao, pistol brace on a bolt action.

I get why they did that, but man that's silly.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I wish there was something like this in .300 Blackout that wasn't this: Elfowl. Or I guess, more mainstreamed and cheaper (like the Ruger American) that did this.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
Christensen Arms does this in .300 BO

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
300 Blackout? Yes.
Those other chamberings with 10.5 inch barrels? Good grief, no.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It should be a left handed action, you know, if your really intend for people to use the "arm brace".

I'd love to have one, but I won't be buying one.

When "technical pistols" was my main shooting focus, I would have bought one in a second. (and immediately taken the brace off)

I have a 16" 309JDJ, which for all intents and purposes is pretty much a rimmed .308 Win. It's not bad at all. Of course you're loading for the gun, not shooting factory ammo loaded for longer barrels. I'm sure they assume most will plan on sticking a can on their shorter barrel. And if they aren't, after they shoot it they will. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have limited experience with suppressors on pistols firing rifle cartridges, but what I have seen didn’t convince me it was much of a cure. One former deputy of my agency had a SBR with integral suppressor on the barrel and at night the muzzle flash was blinding. I still have a mental image of the huge fireball that it produced, and the noise was impressive as well. The flash was much, much greater than that produced by the same ammunition from a standard 16 inch barrel and A2 flash hider, and the noise didn’t seem much less; it certainly wasn’t hearing safe.

And that was with the 223 Remington cartridge which has a much smaller powder charge than 6.5 Creedmoor or 308 Winchester, so I can only imagine what shooting the latter two from such a short barrel would be like.

But wait, there’s more: Not only do such guns require suppressors to be even marginally tolerable to shoot, the lower velocity from the short barrel reduces ballistic effectiveness. The deputy’s flame throwing combination of short barrel and suppressor wasn’t much shorter than the other officers’ carbines but theirs would have had greater wounding effects if they’d shot someone with their respective weapons.

That’s why I consider the 300 BLK to be a sensible chambering for such guns, but not the others. With common loads, for example, the 300 has about the same muzzle energy from a 9 inch barrel as 223/5.56 from 16 inches. My 300 MCX with 9.5" barrel is shorter than almost any 223 SBR and doesn’t require making the barrel longer by adding a suppressor to be tolerable to shoot.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
Christensen Arms does this in .300 BO

Yeah, I'm not interested in selling a child for this. I'm looking specifically at Ruger here.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post