SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Can I see those backpack guns and backpacks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I see those backpack guns and backpacks? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Was traveling the last 3 week and while all was well during our travels and my two pistols sufficed. Back home things were pretty bad flooding wise and we had to reroute home because of it.
Kind of began thinking what if we had been traveling and that happened where we were at instead of just leaving. May want a little more than 2 handguns.
Thought I need a backpack gun for travels. Yeah, I am in the rifle section but I guess folding braced pistol would likely be a better option than an SBR.

I have a 320 and or a Glock so using those mags would be a plus but is 9mm enough or do I want a rifle round?

So what do you have and what do you carry it in?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25355 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool thread! I will post my pics asap. Mine is a 300 blk rattler with a vox k and parker stock. I still want to get an RMR with anvl mount.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
KelTec Sub2k?

Or, something with a side-folder brace.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

A mystery ranch pack with a separation for my plate carrier and the rattler.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Here is a Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II with a SBR’d CZ Micro.

And a UTG coffin bag with a 9mm AR (now an SBR but this pic is prior to the stamp) and a Tavor 5.56 rifle. It will also easily fit my PSA AK pistol with a side folder brace.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Mossberg 500 or 590 12ga pistol with 18" barrel. With a combo of 00buck and slugs in 2-3/4".
Pretty much legal im most jurisdictions. Put in scabbard or backpack.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The Vertx bag has my CMMG Banshee sbr that takes Glock mags and a Glock 19 in it. With a bunch of loaded mags that both weapons share. The Banshee has my Omega 9K with 3 lug setup and the 19 is using my old Gemtech Tundra.

I just built an 11.5” FM-15 sbr with a folding stock. Trying to find a bag that fits it instead of using my Wilson racquet bags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
How do you like the FM15?
Just buying one of their uppers is a thought I had. Though their chopped BCG set up just seems kind of weird to me.
https://aimsurplus.com/product...adjustable-gas-block

I see your Libre there? Have you tried a Dexcom?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25355 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun:
ZPap92 w/ Ultimak & T1

Bag:
5.11 Select Carry - if local
Vertx Gamut Checkpoint - if more than a days
walk away. Both with pack armor.

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't have a photo of them together, but I have a Scorpion Evo 3 with a folding brace that rides in a Vertx Gamut pack.

Scorpion (folded):

Gamut (stock photo; mine's black):

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
but I guess folding braced pistol would likely be a better option than an SBR.

Yep. A folding braced pistol doesn't require ATF notification/permission to take it out of state, and a braced pistol inside a backpack is likely covered by a concealed handgun license (individual state law permitting).

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have done an Oakley Link 2.0 with a B&T APC300.
I still have it but I'm playing with an MDRX in a Grey Ghost Apparition. Fits an Aug or anything that size as well.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
How do you like the FM15?

I bought it from AIM when it was on sale for $499. Of course the day after it arrives, they put the adjustable gas block version out. lol. I had actually talked to FM a few weeks before I ordered it about suppressing it. They sent me some new springs in the mail. I've only put 60 rounds through it, suppressed and unsuppressed. I had about 6 rounds which kept locking the bolt back with a non-empty mag. I ended up cleaning the lower and reinstalling the bolt catch. Seems to have fixed the problem. It is a bit gassy when suppressed. AIM is selling the 11.5 with adjustable gas block as you know. Rainier has the adjustable 12.5" if you want something a little longer. I'm using a Midwest Industries folding stock. Which of course Primary Arms put on sale today for $20 cheaper.

Packing for vaca and my Libre expires tomorrow before I come home. I like the bluetooth of the Libre. Wakes me up if it drops below 55. I haven't tried the Dexcom. My insurance fully covers the Libre so I stuck with it.

Banshee:

FM-15: I got rid for the vertical grip. I usually c-clamp my rifles and use the grip for a handstop. I bought a handstop for it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

enregistrer video instagram

CZ Bren 2Ms and the Oakley Kitchen Sink bag.
The Oakley photo is not mine but that's what the backpack looks like.

I don't carry it much anymore in the backpack but I do wear the backpack everyday. I've got medical and other things inside the bag that I may need.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

AR15 pistol with a LAW adapter folding device, and a Pantheon Dolos quick barrel adapter.

I carry it when we travel. All the items fit into a black and orange computer bag. Doesn’t scream “gun”. And I’ve literally set it atop our gear at a hotel when signing in..

I usually carry the 5.56 barrel. No need for forms to cross state lines. Same with the suppressor.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
KelTec Sub2k?

That's what I do. Fits in a padded laptop sleeve. Half dozen mags in a carrier doesn't add much bulk.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or....sometimes it's just an Uzi in a man purse Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pace40,

Posts: 625 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I couldn't help but think of this gem when reading the title.

https://armourersbench.com/201...-mp5k-briefcase-gun/

...a modern update with the MP7, backpack and maybe a green laser would be sweet.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I really wish Magpul had put this into production.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
CZ Scorpion with a folding brace, few spare 30 round magazines. A lot of mods.

About to switch to a Zastava M92 pistol after the mods are done.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post