SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Palmetto State Armory?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Have 2 AR's from them a zero complaints

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They are fantastic! The only people complaining are the ones dropping money on Daniel Defense, LMT, BCM, ect. because the poor's rifle is almost as good as their $2000 AR. They are local to SC and my go too for AR's. I'll be picking up an AK from them once I have the funds.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've owned several and shot plenty. Only issue I ever had was I got what appeared to be some ammo that was loaded a touch long. They rifle had some headspacing on the tight side (Within spec). So I was popping primers.

I just tossed a Faxon Barrel on it so I could use the 1K ammo I just bought in it. Easy fix. But not really a rifle problem. Was a ammo problem.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Built a PSA AR10 a couple years ago and it has been superb. Bought a couple of their 5.56 uppers and they are fine. No complaints.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have an AK-V and an AR-V and they're both great little shooters. I've ordered tons of gear, mags, optics, bags, etc.

I know some people don't like their LPKs, but I haven't had any issues with them, and I suspect the quality got a huge uptick when they started making the parts themselves.

I have their "EPT" or enhanced polished trigger in my AR-V and an AR pistol. The break is clean and the takeup doesn't feel gummy or gritty. It's consistent, but not as crisp as the BCM PNT or ALC ACT. (In my opinion)

In my recollection the only thing people usually complained about (other than the product teething issues - PA-10 anyone?) were when they used to take like two or three goddamn weeks to ship anything.

Those days are long gone though. I ordered 3 smokey AR-V mags the other day and they shipped the same day. I mean it could have just been that they printed the label the same day, and UPS notified me of it, but there was movement on the box the next day anyway so.... Who knows?

Palmetto is a great company in my opinion.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
In my recollection the only thing people usually complained about (other than the product teething issues - PA-10 anyone?) were when they used to take like two or three goddamn weeks to ship anything.

Those days are long gone though.

Yeah, I bought an upper from them, oh... ten years ago I guess, and it took them a month to ship it after they had my order. It shipped two days after I sent a scathing email about how pissed I was. Yeah, those were the days where they would put uppers on sale for crazy cheap, and then build them once the sale was over. They didn't implicitly say they were built to order and that there would be a wait, but they were, and there was, and often weeks at a whack.

I'm glad they grew enough that they don't pull that shit anymore. At least, I haven't heard about it in years anyway.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
I bought a complete AR from PSA a couple of months ago. It was sold as blem, but I can't find a thing wrong cosmetically. I paid $499 for it, and it would have cost me more to buy the complete upper and lower separately.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and ordered an mid-lgth. upper, std bcg and charging handle. I will have $300+ in it for the set up. Will be interesting to see if it functions 100%. One can hope Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
I have a few of their uppers and lowers. The only issue I had was one of them (I can't remember if it was the upper or lower) had too much of the bluing/coating on it where they meet at the front of the receiver. It took the gunsmith about 2 minutes and a wire brush Dremel to make everything fit.

Beyond the inconvenience I have no complaints about the company

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3808 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a 10.5" pistol, 16" mid length rifle, and a 14.7" pinned and welded premium from PSA. All have been exceptionally accurate and 100% reliable for the last 4 years or so.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have one of the PSA 10.5 pistol kits and have no complaints with what I received for the money spent. What i received was packaged and shipped well.

When it comes to PSA and ammo i will never buy another round from them. They know not how to package and ship ammo and could give not one shit about it either. Something about bubble wrapping ten boxes/500rds of 5.7 ammo together and dropping it in an oversized box with nothing else inside doesn't cut it for me. Three boxes were busted open with loose rds inside the box. CS gave two shits about it and refused to take the stuff back or make any compensation for the damaged rds. Never again!

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I've gotten nearly 1000 rounds of various ammo in the last few months and it's all been packaged pretty well.

Waiting on another 200 rounds from them that still hasn't shipped in almost a week though, but that's to be expected with things the way they are at the moment.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
AR-15 wise - A lot of people seem to sneer at PSA as if the price has something to do with the quality. I have yet to experience or see any actual evidence of long term PSA issues. I truly believe it's a matter of "if it's cheap in price it must be cheap in quality".

A lot of people believe that and a lot of companies are dedicated to making money off people who believe that.

It was true 50 years ago but not in today's market. There are a lot of things that can be bought cheaply that are quality.

And finally, I own a couple of PSA uppers and BCGs and they run perfectly. Even the folks at AR15.com agree that they're good to go for the most part.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve bought ammo and AR parts and other stuff from them for years. I’ve been looking at one of the FN barreled uppers as a backup.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
They cost me money today.... the had a 12" mlok upper with bcg and charging handle for 349.99... I couldn't resist.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The feedback on their products is generally very positive, but I personally am 0 for 3 with them.

First experience: The 10.5” AR upper I got from them has the divot for the ejection port cover in the wrong spot, so I can’t close the cover unless I use something pointy to push the detent in. It’s just a plinker so I live with it.

Second: Assembling an Aero AR lower for a friend using the PSA LPK he bought, I find that the trigger is out of spec and won’t fit into any lowers without filing. Fixable, but there you go.

Third: Another friend buys a complete upper assembly from them and the bolt won’t go into battery reliably. I help him troubleshoot and I find that the bolt doesn’t rotate in the carrier without the application of considerable force. We put in another BCG that is known to be good and it shoots but find that it short strokes. Doesn’t lock back on last round fired and frequently fails to strip rounds off the mag. I suspect a gas issue and offer to take it home with me to disassemble and inspect but he’s just going to send the whole thing back.

Posts: 300 | Location: Washington | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Generally I have had good luck with their products, but I recently bought a LPK that had an out of spec takedown pin. They did offer to send a replacement but it sucks waiting after the kit took 10 days to get here in the first place. Oh well.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I just bought their new Jakl. For $1,100 the darn thing better work.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
All this craziness has prompted me to build my first AR. Being a bit of a novice, I order the complete package at the link. Already have the stripped receiver.

Any thoughts on the package?

https://palmettostatearmory.co...e-kit-516446780.html

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I’m sure it’d make a fine rifle.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post