SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Best value in a 300blk barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best value in a 300blk barrel Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
Your thoughts on if any of these barrels is a better than the other factoring price.

Question:
Options:

Choices:
Noveske SS (comes with Gas block/tube) 308.00
Seekins 225.00
Nordic 180.00
Faxon 189.00
Its a 10.5in 300blk barrel, its doesnt really matter.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
This interests me as well.
I have a 16" 300blk that I only PLAN to use suppressed & with subsonic ammo. With that theme...how "good" does the barrel need to be for a short range weapon with the ballistics of 45ACP?
However, I would like for it to perform well with some supersonic ammo as well.....at least accurate to 200 yards or so.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Where did you find the Noveske for $308??

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
This interests me as well.
I have a 16" 300blk that I only PLAN to use suppressed & with subsonic ammo. With that theme...how "good" does the barrel need to be for a short range weapon with the ballistics of 45ACP?
However, I would like for it to perform well with some supersonic ammo as well.....at least accurate to 200 yards or so.

Pretty much my thought but im going with a 10.5 barrel so im wondering if plunking down the cash on a premium barrel would be worth it. Not really needing match accuracy but obviously wouldnt mind having it.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Where did you find the Noveske for $308??

Bruce

email sent

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
I voted that it's a 10.5" blackout barrel, so it doesn't really matter. We aren't talking about a precision weapon here.

That said, I did use a Seekins 8" on my SBR build. I chose to do so because it's a Seekins upper, lower, handguard, and gas block, so I figured I may as well make it a "Seekins rifle" by doing that as well.

Stuck a Geissele SD3G trigger in it, finished it off with a WMD NiB BCG, Seekins mag release and Seekins ambi safety, and it's a kick-ass little SBR.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
I voted that it's a 10.5" blackout barrel, so it doesn't really matter. We aren't talking about a precision weapon here.

That said, I did use a Seekins 8" on my SBR build. I chose to do so because it's a Seekins upper, lower, handguard, and gas block, so I figured I may as well make it a "Seekins rifle" by doing that as well.

Stuck a Geissele SD3G trigger in it, finished it off with a WMD NiB BCG, Seekins mag release and Seekins ambi safety, and it's a kick-ass little SBR.

Yeah, this one is a Spikes Crusader lower, Vltor Mur1 upper, Daniel Defense MK18 RIS, While my preference are for DD barrels, they aren't easy to come by but there is definitely no brand loyalty on this build.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up an Odinworks 10.5" barrel for a 300blk build - $240 and comes with a tune-able gas block for that price. Wasn't looking to break the bank, and read decent reviews on their products so that's the route I took.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:
I recently picked up an Odinworks 10.5" barrel for a 300blk build - $240 and comes with a tune-able gas block for that price. Wasn't looking to break the bank, and read decent reviews on their products so that's the route I took.

Funny you bring it up. I have the Odin works barrel and adjustable gas block in my cart right now. 189.00 at primary arms.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by Newf:

Funny you bring it up. I have the Odin works barrel and adjustable gas block in my cart right now. 189.00 at primary arms.

Good stuff, meant to mention that was MSRP and probably cheaper at retail outlets for you folks south of the 49th. No such luck up here LOL.

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Well, while I was dragging my feet the Odinworks barrel sold out. Ended up getting a Faxon 10.5 with matching bolt and gas tube for 180.00 direct from Faxon.

Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Well, while I was dragging my feet the Odinworks barrel sold out. Ended up getting a Faxon 10.5 with matching bolt and gas tube for 180.00 direct from Faxon.

Good deal too, good luck with the build! I'm waiting on some parts out being cerakoted before I can finish mine.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Thanks, its been a long time in works. One of those guns you collect parts for and never get around to finishing. Well i have 5 of those projects in various stages so its time to start knocking them out.

posted Hide Post
CMMG 8" for about $120

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I have a KAK value line 8.5" barrel that cost $100. It's been very accurate and reliable.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post