SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    336 ejector
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

336 ejector Login/Join 
posted
OK, as you can see from my signature, I have been a member here for a while although I rarely post. I usually just enjoy reading the posts or finding the answer I'm looking for by searching. However, I need help. I'm looking for an ejector for a Marlin / Remlin 336bl.

1) Can I assume that all ejectors for the "modern" 336 models in 30-30 are the same? ie 336a, c, y, bl, etc.?

2) Does anyone know if the new ruger marlin ejectors fit?

I contacted Ruger and then surprisingly gave me no help as they don't service pre-ruger marlins. And I can't seem to find anything on the internet either.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Factory parts for these are going to be very difficult, if not impossible to find. Although I've not tried these guys myself, they have a good online reputation, and they are actively making parts for Marlin leverguns. Their ejector is also supposedly a reliability upgrade over the factory design:

https://www.wildwestguns.com/p.../bear-proof-ejector/

ETA: from the wild west site, it appears there are some minor differences between the Ruger-made guns and the pre-Ruger Marlins...so much so that they offer a different part for each. My conversations with a Ruger Rep yielded similar results to your conversations with customer service...it doesn't appear that the plan to offer parts or support for the older guns, and I kind of got the idea that they weren't planning to sell parts at all, even for the guns that they manufacture.

Posts: 8593 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
I tried here:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/marlin-model-336.html

Which led to here:

Ejector with Spring

Looks like they're out of stock but you can get on the "Notify Me" list... :-/

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Also found this In Stock at Numrich:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/43090B

From what I've read most of the letter variations just designate cosmetic changes such as barrel length, wood, barrel band vs. forend cap, etc... so the lever action's internals should mostly be interchangeable.

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I understand Ruger, which has amazing customer service, not wanting to get involved with older / previous rifles. I’m familiar with WWG and didn’t realize they made this, or that there is a pre-Ruger option….that may answer my question. I tried Ranger Point Precision but they don’t “make” an ejector.

That’s for your help everyone. I appreciate it it!

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
If you do end up going the WWG route, please check back and let us know how it goes. I've been considering ordering some stuff from them but to date the "need" has been overshadowed by other projects and expenses and it just hasn't happened yet.

Posts: 8593 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually placed an order last night for an OEM from Numrich. After reading the reviews of WWGs, their ejector seems hit or miss. I’ve ordered from them before and been pleased, but this part in particular seems problematic.

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you were able to find a factory part!

posted Hide Post
So….my factory part arrived today from Numrich and it doesn’t fit. The post that goes into the hole on the receiver is square and not round as on my gun. As I’m not up to doing any at home gun smithing, I’ll be ordering from WWG next. I’ll update how that one fits.

Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
In the description for the part it says:
"The Locating Stud May Require Modification To A Round Shape." I guess you had a 50/50 shot... I would just file the stud to fit or send it to a local smith.

posted Hide Post
Ya, I read it as you may get a round one or a square one.

posted Hide Post
That’s a mod I would attempt. Go slow, cold blue when you are done. Sounds fun even.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
I’ve got an ejector from WWG in my 1972 336. I also put one of their triggers in it as well. I am very pleased with both, especially the trigger.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post