SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A bit disappointed in Wilson Combat I had to trim the pistol grip to fit their lower and trigger guard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A bit disappointed in Wilson Combat I had to trim the pistol grip to fit their lower and trigger guard Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Granted the pistol grip is technically a BCM Grip it is finished out and sold as a Wilson Combat part. But I wish they would do away with the tab on their end.
I bought all the parts locally and actually ran into a different issue at first. The screw provided with the trigger guard was too small and did not grabbed any threads. A quick call to Wilson and had the proper replacement in just a couple days.
So I installed the trigger guard and went to install the grip to be met by this

A quick email to Wilson and they stated the tab needs to be removed to fit their tactical trigger guard.
Big deal, no not really. Need to try to clean it up a little better this was just a test fit after my initial trim

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25409 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue with using a Magpul trigger guard and BCM grip. I didn't chop off the tab, but file and sanded it down until it fit flush over the trigger guard.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You can hit that edge with a BIC lighter or small torch for just a second and it’ll look like it was factory. I suggest the BIC as you can control it much better.

Less is more.

Go over the spot lightly.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
You can hit that edge with a BIC lighter or small torch for just a second and it’ll look like it was factory. I suggest the BIC as you can control it much better.

Less is more.

Go over the spot lightly.

Thanks for the suggestion. Was trying to figure out the best way to smooth it out a bit.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25409 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 6 inch Machinist's file with have fine enough teeth to make that plastic you cut like it was molded that way.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post