SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beware "RARE SIG 550 SCOPE MOUNT FOR HENSOLDT Z24 SCOPE" on GB!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware "RARE SIG 550 SCOPE MOUNT FOR HENSOLDT Z24 SCOPE" on GB! Login/Join 
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted
It is not correct. What is shown is the base of a "Jenny" mount, not the complete mount. This mount needs the riser blocks which are not shown. The front riser block contains indents that are used to lock the Jenny mount to a 550/551 receiver. Without these risers installed, this mount cannot be locked. In addition, the swiveling locking tab will smack into the bottom of any scope attached.

I did contact the seller pointing out that this mount is incomplete. I have not received any response.

Here is what a correct, complete Jenny mount looks like when a STANAG scope is attached.

Notice the riser blocks and the locked vertical position of the swiveling locking tab.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oof, yeah that dog won’t hunt. And good luck finding the pillars.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
Oof, yeah that dog won’t hunt. And good luck finding the pillars.

Hi Josh. I was going to post the GB auction number, but I was afraid that my post would have been pulled by the powers that be. Good luck finding or making the riser blocks.

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Dan sent me a warning about this mount last week.
Thanks for looking out for us, my friend!

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malysh:
Dan sent me a warning about this mount last week.
Thanks for looking out for us, my friend!

You're very welcome, Mike. Unfortunately, those who are unaware have bid this item up to $809 with two days left. My heart goes out to the individual who wins this auction. I can hear him/her scream when reality strikes.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
And it sold for $1,525.00 with 33 bids. Unbelievable! I wonder what a complete Jenny mount would sell for. Oh, I almost forgot:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947031747

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Dan, I’m glad I bought a mount from you, and that I didn’t bid on that one … I understand it’s not as advertised, but would a person be able to put NATO rings on that mount?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post