SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    West Coast Armory / SigSauer 551 back from refinish
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Coast Armory / SigSauer 551 back from refinish Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What is stopping him from placing an order of 5,000 550 “pistols?” Has Swiss Arms fallen that far?

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
What is stopping him from placing an order of 5,000 550 “pistols?” Has Swiss Arms fallen that far?

Sig Sauer AG has been closed because of COVID in Europe. When they opened up and it was obvious the import regs were coming from the Biden administration. He called Sig and asked what they had available and he ordered everything they had available hoping to get it here before May when they thought the new import ban stuff could hit.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

A) saturating the market means someone will be sitting on a pile of invested capital
B) Swiss Arms is a skeleton crew, even pre-Covid and relies heavily on subcontractors
C) only someone like Century would swing like that at inventory and we all know what their track record is

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LtsAv8
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I wish I had picked one up when they were a bit more plentiful.

P220R3, SP2022 (9MM), P2000SK (9MM), P320 Carry (9MM), G17 Gen 5, G19 Gen 5

Posts: 148 | Location: The Metoplex, TX | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtsAv8:
Very nice. I wish I had picked one up when they were a bit more plentiful.

He still has some Sig 553 long barrels left.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post