SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    GI type side sling adapter for a .625 pencil barrel, made anymore?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GI type side sling adapter for a .625 pencil barrel, made anymore? Login/Join 
posted
I can find the .750 units for WAY too much money, but it looks like the "old style" units that would fit the M16A1 or any other .625 dia skinny barrel application might not be around anymore.

I guess the "old style" units were reversable and fit both the .625 and .750 diameter barrels.

Thanks.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another option is the old school top sling adapter kits that run about 10-15 bucks.
The heavy paper clip style attachment does the trick just fine.
If it bothers you that the metal wire with scratch the front sight base ( you shouldn’t be on a working gun) you can cover the metal wire with gutted paracord.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
IIRC there were 3 units,

skinny barrel
both, as in the bar that was pinned on the back side was reversible to fit either,
and Govt profile,

not sure about the last

and yes, all retro stuff (the pencil barrel part for instance) have gone way way up in $$$

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigh.

Look like Rock Rover has .750 side swivels for under $30, but nothing for a pencil barrel.

I've got a top sling adapter, but not really what I'm going for.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I sure thought I had what you needed, clamps on the barrel inside the front sight base between where it pins on. But I just went through my many parts trays and I didn’t find one. If I do run onto one in the next couple of days I’ll get back to you.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much obliged.

posted Hide Post
Blue force gear. Sling wire loops.

I have one if you need it.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that's plan B if I can't find one.

I found a couple GI adapters yesterday for more than I want to pay.

I also have an email into a shop in MO that has lots of surplus GI parts and he is going to look for me on Thursday. He said he had a bunch, now to see if he has any left.