SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Follow up/Report on Franklin Armory 10-22 Binary kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Follow up/Report on Franklin Armory 10-22 Binary kit Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
My Franklin Armory 10-22 binary kit got here yesterday, and beautiful afternoon was today!
I put the kit in my 10-22 Charger this morning and the only “scary” part was installing the spring & detent for the safety ... it got away once but I was working on a fuzzy blanket and with a dab of grease on the spring, it did not bounce & disappear!

After lunch I went to the range and only one of the pistol ranges was empty (I really didn’t want anyone watching yet). I zeroed the scope and it was close at 25yards, a couple adjustments and the other 8 went in the 10 ring.

The learning curve is almost ZERO! (I do have other kits but haven’t practiced much with them.)

I was using 25 round Ruger mags and ripping them so fast I’m sure people on the ranges adjacent to me had to be thinking I was shooting full-otto, but in truth there were a couple short pauses, but it was almost as fast as my M16 with my CMMG PDW 22 M16 upper.

I bought my kit on GunBroker, it was the least expensive one listed with “Buy it Now” ... IIRC it was $267 shipped Priority Mail ... about the same as a low-end new 10-22.
I’ve got 3other Franklin Armory kits, a MP5, CZ EVO, and AR15 ... but the 10-22 with the lightest bolt and recoil, it’s easily the most controllable.
At 50yards we have a human steel silhouette. I was shooting Mini-Mags through a form1 suppressor, in binary mode. I was dinging it with every round ... and walked away with a huge grin!

Lastly, I was sure I had enough 22LR put back for my grandkids, and maybe a little left for the great-grandkids ... but now I’m not so sure!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Sah-weet!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post