SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M1 Garand, Mossberg 590 Marinecote, and 1911 in Multigun (video content)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1 Garand, Mossberg 590 Marinecote, and 1911 in Multigun (video content) Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
UML multigun match held at the "FARM" training range near Fairfield Utah by UDPL. I shot "Heavy" division (not based on my cheeseburger intake, but it is still applicable LOL) and shot a crusty Blue Sky import Garand, Dan Wesson 1911 in .45 ACP and a Mossberg 590 Marinecote. I did okay on the shotgun portion but was (of course) slow in the pistol section.

https://youtu.be/LPv0Sa4rrBc

When I don't get a chamber empty/short shuck issue it can be pretty fast. But I either outrun the mag spring or there's a potential issue developing where I don't get a shell into the chamber.

A couple of times in this stage you can see it. Plus I just missed a lot LOL

https://youtu.be/mRlkkTWAHU0

For any interested here's a stage with the M1 Garand. I tried to "save time" by only shooting center/A zones but it would have probably been faster to just double tap and reload. Plus when the timer goes off I forget my plan Big Grin

https://youtu.be/PYpXBHXfOd4

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Everything goes out the window when the buzzer goes off.

My FIL can run and gun and still count his rounds and reload with one in the chamber. But occasionally he will have to put an extra round on a target and that messes up his plan. I love it when that happens…then he’s just like the rest of us.

I see you are left eye dominant…do you shoot pistol with your right eye or just roll you left eye over to the pistol?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Everything goes out the window when the buzzer goes off.

My FIL can run and gun and still count his rounds and reload with one in the chamber. But occasionally he will have to put an extra round on a target and that messes up his plan. I love it when that happens…then he’s just like the rest of us.

I see you are left eye dominant…do you shoot pistol with your right eye or just roll you left eye over to the pistol?

I just move the gun over to the left a little and maybe my head to the right. Definitely strongly left eye dominant. Right eye was undiagnosed lazy eye when I was a kid and didn’t develop correctly.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I approve of any course of fire that lets you run a Garand close in at speed like that Big Grin. Yeah, you had a couple of goofs on the shotgun stage, but you were still moving pretty quick. That par time seemed really short! Nice shooting...looks like a good time!

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've got moxy Smile Looks like fun, love the Garand action!

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
You've got moxy Smile
High praise indeed! Thanks Cool

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thumbs up. Is your 590 an A1 or a run of the mill 590? Really had to look to see you jacking in the next round Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thumbs up. Is your 590 an A1 or a run of the mill 590? Really had to look to see you jacking in the next round Wink

It’s a 590. I guess the only difference between it and a 500 is the mag tube and cap arrangement (allowing the 590 to hold another round).

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Good on you for using the old battle rifle! Nice job!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I definitely prefer threads showing actual shooting over the latest look what I just bought.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Garand action in Utah! Love it!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grayfox54
posted Hide Post
I once ran a three gun using a 1911, Mossberg 590 and a M1 Carbine. The other shooters looked at me like I was crazy. Didn't win, but I finished in the middle of the pack. Wink

It ain't the years, its the mileage.

Posts: 54 | Location: Bartlett, TN | Registered: November 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Awesome. I haven’t run a carbine yet. I can’t get either of my CMP carbines to run reliably enough