SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Robinson Arms XCR...you need one!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robinson Arms XCR...you need one! Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

Just took delivery of my new XCR chambered in .223/5.56mm (Wylde Chamber). These have been available for some time and went head to head with the SCAR, but didn't have the blank firing adaptors, so was disqualified from the trials. All reports are that it did very well.

The rifle is a multi caliber system that can be changed by the operator. Hmmm, one in 7.62 x 39 or 5.45 x 39 is possible...

Planning a range trip/test date on the 21st of August. I can hardly wait!

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Accomplice
posted Hide Post
Beautiful acquisition - congrats!

Roswell Crash - July, 1947, CIA Formed - Sept, 1947

Posts: 1948 | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Always like the XCR and still have one of the originals.
The company on the other hand was not so great to deal with but that is a story for another time.
Congrats on a great looking rifle. Cool

Posts: 22925 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Jeezum Crow! I don't know who I want to adopt me more: you, arcwelder, usncorpsman, or bac1023. Stop with the posting of sexy guns.

Or just, you know, contact me with adoption details. I'm flexible.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Just added a EOTech to my XCR. Nice addition and is in keeping with the parameters of the rifle. Very nice, indeed!

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Always wanted one of those, but when they came out I couldn't afford one, and then the company turned out to be a shit show and couldn't get it together, then I kind of forgot about them.

Now I want one again.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3516 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really love mine. I have a very low serial number that’s been back for upgrades.

Anytime I would go off to the range, it seems to find itself coming along. Mine has countless rounds through it, never gave me trouble.

Enjoy it.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2508 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Cleaned and lubed mine...getting familiarized with it. Impressive design, IMHO. Simple and intuitive. A friend of mine had one several years ago and really tested them...resulting in zero failures.

My dealings with the company have been very positive. They do most of their business responses by e-mail, but they are next-day responsive. All transactions were professional and business like.

I plan on buying another!

Range testing on Monday 21st. Will report back with results.

Wes