SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New .458 build.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New .458 build. Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
Not sure why I needed it or wanted it but here it is. I just need to decide what type of optic. I picked the upper up from a Sigforum member and put the lower together today.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That would make a dandy deer rifle...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

I'll bet that is a Thumper!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
The total weight is just a tad over 6lbs.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My buddy took a black bear with one in 2017. He borrowed it for the hunt instead of his .270 bolt action rifle for faster follow up shots in case he had a wounded, pissed off bear on his hands. It wasn't necessary as the bear was DRT.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23199 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
.458 takes the worry out of being close.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I too have an irrational want for a 458. Nice gun! Who made your barrel & bolt?

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
It would make a nice truck gun.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:

Upper - Aero Precision - 6.9oz
Aero Precision
EjectionPort Cover - MAKO Polymer - .2oz
Midway
N/A
EjectionPort Rod & Spring - V7 - .1oz
Vertex Ops
Forward Assist Assembly- V7 - .4oz
ROG Tactical
BCG - RubberCity Armory Nitride - 9.3oz
RubberCity
Bolt - Tromix 458 Socom - 1.5oz
N/A
Tromix
Firing Pin - Standard - .3oz
N/A

Bolt Cam - EXO - .3oz
N/A

Firing Pin Retainer - Standard Black - 0.0oz
N/A

Charging Handle - Troy Ambi - 1.2oz
Primary Arms
Barrel - 16" Tromix SCM01-LW Carbine 1/14 - 25.9oz
Tromix
Gas Block - Parallax Tactical Titanium .750" - .9oz
Weapon Outfitters
Handguard - BCM KMR 13" Key-Mod without Nut & Hardware - 5.2oz
AR15.com
Barrel Nut - V7 Titanium - .9oz
Vertex Ops
Hardware - .7oz

QD Sling Mount - V7 Keymod - .2oz
V7 Weapons
Handstop - Midwest Industries - .3oz
MidwestInd
Gas Tube - Carbine Length - WMD NiB-X - .6oz
Red Barn Armory
Flash Hider - Tromix Wilson SCM08c 5/8x24 - 2.0oz
Tromix
Crush Washer - Standard 5/8x24 - .1oz
Ebay
Total Weight- oz
$1,041.77
$992.99
$48.78

Total Upper Weight- 3lbs 9.1oz

Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shackelford:

BCG - RubberCity Armory Nitride

Barrel - 16" Tromix SCM01-LW Carbine

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shackelford:

Nothing irrational about it.

Agreed, nice gun!
For a second there I thought it was belt fed and the mag was a box of ammo.
Which would be boner inducing beyond belief. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Trigger?

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Trigger?

LINK

Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
Nice, now that I have a 5.56 and a 6.5 Grendel, I feel the need for something bigger. A .458 would be a nice addition.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Nice!,, Now go shoot some wild Hogs!!!!!!!!!

Marty Ter Weeme would be proud! You know who he is huh?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have a Spikes Warthog lower sitting around that I bought on sale a while back. Lately I've been thinking of using it in a 458 build. I'm interested in how your combo shoots!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I have a Spikes Warthog lower sitting around that I bought on sale a while back. Lately I've been thinking of using it in a 458 build. I'm interested in how your combo shoots!

I had a chance to take it to the range over the weekend and man I have to say this thing is a blast. I no longer doubt why I needed it I think everyone needs one. I put 20 rounds down range and was smiling the entire time.