SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need recommendations on affordable 45 degree sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need recommendations on affordable 45 degree sights Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
I'm looking to get a set of offset sights for my 16" AR-10. I'm not looking to spend a couple hundred but want something that I can depend on. I'm probably looking for flip up sights that lock in place. Fixed sights would be fine if they are low profile.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I'm not looking to spend a couple hundred but want something that I can depend on.

Unfortunately, there are no offset sights out there which are a combination of "good enough" and "relatively inexpensive", like the normal polymer MBUS sights. If you want something dependable that will last, you'll need to pony up for it.

There are plenty of knockoff Chinese ones for under $100, but for serious use, the only ones I'd trust would be Troys or MBUS Pros. However, you're looking at $150-$200 for a set of either of those at normal retail pricing.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walker77;
Glad you asked this because i'm thinking about 45° offset sights for my 10.5" AR pistol.
I've been considering the XTI DXT Big Dot sights from XS Sights.
Optics Planet has them for $180 per set.

Would be interested in hearing some other members opinions on the topic/products.

P.S. I think those would fit your requirement for "low profile" . . . but they are almost $200 (by the time you pay tax and shipping).

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
I'm not looking to spend a couple hundred but want something that I can depend on.

Unfortunately, there are no offset sights out there which are a combination of "good enough" and "relatively inexpensive", like the normal polymer MBUS sights. If you want something dependable that will last, you'll need to pony up for it.

There are plenty of knockoff Chinese ones for under $100, but for serious use, the only ones I'd trust would be Troys or MBUS Pros. However, you're looking at $150-$200 for a set of either of those at normal retail pricing.

I was afraid if that. This is the gun that lives in my truck. Im trying not to sink a lot of money into it in case its stolen.

All the mbus pros I've seen is out of stock. There is a new set on gun broker but the guy wants $300.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DukeMinski:
Walker77;
Glad you asked this because i'm thinking about 45° offset sights for my 10.5" AR pistol.
I've been considering the XTI DXT Big Dot sights from XS Sights.
Optics Planet has them for $180 per set.

Would be interested in hearing some other members opinions on the topic/products.

P.S. I think those would fit your requirement for "low profile" . . . but they are almost $200 (by the time you pay tax and shipping).

I've seen those. I had xs sights in the past (on a glock) and was not a fan.

posted Hide Post
zerobravo reos

i bought these a while ago, wasnt sure how practical they were, but was surprised. i only tried them at 25 yards, but was happy with the results.

i havent seen them in stock anywhere, so not sure if they are still for sale. maybe worth contacting them if you think they would fit the bill.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Are you wanting offset irons because your scope doesn't have qd? If so it might be cheaper to buy a qd mount and get some magpul plastic sights.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3643 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Watch the classified over at AR15.com. I snagged a set of MagPul Pros (non angled) for $100.00. I've seen angled sets go for $120.00 - $160.00 pretty regular.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
$135.00 a set for Magpul Pro Offsets. And I'll bet he'd take a bit less.

https://www.snipershide.com/sh...-price-drop.7023630/

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
$135.00 a set for Magpul Pro Offsets. And I'll bet he'd take a bit less.

https://www.snipershide.com/sh...-price-drop.7023630/

Sent him a message. Thanks!

Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the Strike Eagle Sidewinder II sights?

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:

At $160, I'd rather spend the money on the proven Troy or Magpul offset sights.

And the OP's apparently looking for a cheaper option anyway.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:

At $160, I'd rather spend the money on the proven Troy or Magpul offset sights.

And the OP's apparently looking for a cheaper option anyway.

I have a set of Dueck Defense and love them. They don't flip up but are low profile and excellent. Not cheap though.

I just remembered seeing something in the Sidewinder and thought they were around $125

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post