SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    When a 107 gets its S&B wings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When a 107 gets its S&B wings Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Finally mounted up my S&B 5-25 PM II in German wunder tan to the M107. She's looking good, hopefully shoots just as well!

Just a side question, does anyone know why Barrett stopped making the 107 in full FDE? Mine is an older one and looking at current production seems like they have several more black pieces/barrels. A buddy was looking to pick one up and prefers the full FDE.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know why they stopped making but I know what I like and that is one of them. Very nice set up.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I have a good story about my first time shooting a Barrett 50 Cal.

I’m in Maine and got a day off, my buddy said he knew a friend of a friend who had his Barrett out and was sighting in a new scope.

This guy had a NF something like 6-24 or along those lines mounted. This was 15 years ago we added up his setup and he had 15k into it easily.

He was sighting it in at something like 75 yards, maybe he knew something I didn’t but the setup seemed to be a bit constrained at 75 yards lol. They set up a 4x8 sheet of plywood portrait like.

Couldn’t hit plywood, so after about 30 rounds they got tired of walking after every shot so his dad stood down range about 8’ off to the side and after every shot he’d walk over, bend over, turn to us width a scrunched up face and throw his hands up shrugging his shoulders LMAO. Me and my buddy are just looking at each other from behind the “line” with eyes wide as can be. A real WTF look.

These guys had more money than sense. We eventually got it “on wood” and after they were satisfied their 50 cal was good at 75 yards i got to put 5 rounds through it.

Not sure what happened to those guys or if Darwin got em!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I got 6 rounds through a M99.
We were shooting at about 3-400yds.

Definitely one of the more fun rifles I've shot. Glad i wasn't footing the bill for it nor the ammo.

Andy, yours looks great!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Couldn’t hit plywood, so after about 30 rounds they got tired of walking after every shot so his dad stood down range about 8’ off to the side and after every shot he’d walk over, bend over, turn to us width a scrunched up face and throw his hands up shrugging his shoulders LMAO. Me and my buddy are just looking at each other from behind the “line” with eyes wide as can be. A real WTF look.

So they're shooting a .50BMG rifle, can't tell where it's hitting, get tired of walking, so they decide to go stand in front of it? And I reiterate...they have no idea where it's impacting? Lol...that's a special kinda stupid right there! I'd have probably left at that point in the interest of not being named in the death investigation! Eek

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! is the bulge in my pants showing? LOL!

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

So they're shooting a .50BMG rifle, can't tell where it's hitting, get tired of walking, so they decide to go stand in front of it? And I reiterate...they have no idea where it's impacting? Lol...that's a special kinda stupid right there! I'd have probably left at that point in the interest of not being named in the death investigation! Eek

The explosion investigation Eek

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
This was for better or worse very back woods Maine, little bit Stephen King territory where my buddy grew up with the Sheriff so we weren’t too worried.

Gotta love small town America, whether they have sweet tea, grits, and good greens or not!

ETA: 92, your understanding is 100% accurate, but he wasn’t in direct line of fire, he stood 8’ to the side of the target lol. Silly people do silly shit.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
That is one sweet rifle, the S&B is a great optic (my favorite of all of mine).
As far as the FDE ~ Cerakoters are everywhere so not really a problem.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post