SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What offset rifle sight is this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What offset rifle sight is this? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Circled:

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
JP Enterprises Short Range Tactical Sight.

It's an older model of sights, and currently discontinued. But the description's still there towards the bottom of their webpage here:
https://jprifles.com/1.6.4.php

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
JP Enterprises Short Range Tactical Sight.

It's an older model of sights ....

Thank you. “Older” was my impression given its apparent size and probably weight which are pretty much anathema to most shooters these days. The comment about LEO’s optical sights’ fogging up in certain situations warmed my heart, though, because it’s one of the points I make about optics despite the fact that it’s not supposed to happen according to some.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
It seems like it would be bulky, but I never felt like it. I have one on an 18" barreled JP rifle. It is quick to pick up the target, and I actually prefer it to the newer style where the rear sight is back on the receiver. I think the JP one is faster, at least for me it is.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Rogue you are a wealth of knowledge, thank you.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post