SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CETME L who has one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CETME L who has one? Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Thinking of buying one. But rail or no rail? I don't think I want the collapsible stock and the pinned brake.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I scooped up a black with rail, didnt care about clone correct, so the rail made sense to me. As good as an AR is, I wanted something different.
Build quality is spectacular. Haven’t been to the range yet, but I was so fired up about the L that I nabbed a LC before I couldn’t. I’m a roller lock fanatic though, so my bias is showing.

Pmags do not fit, standard GI aluminum fit great. The surefeed E2 mags with the little nubs, catch on the magwell.

If you are wanting to put a vertical grip or flashlight on it, get one of the RS rails that Marcolmar sells. It’s a solid piece of kit.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I assume you are talking about the Malcomar made rifle.
I have a railed green one and it has been 100% reliable and a pleasure to shoot.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Yes, the MarColMar rifles. They have them at one of my distributors. The rail is an extra $62. Looks like all you could really mount would be a tall red dot since the rear sight is welded on. They don't seem to have a great resale at least on GB. But I know as soon as they are out of parts and production stops the price will climb. Well I suppose unless they are already set up to make the small parts already?

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I ordered all mine with rails. Why? Because it doesn't take away from the lines as Dave and crew did a kickass job of integrating it and it will be a LOT harder to add after the fact.

You are right about the rear sights being in the way....honestly you'd want to over the sight line for a proper optic. That said, not every gun needs an optic so you could skip if you are fine with the irons

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for about a year. They are a fantastic rifle with a very mild recoil impulse. I went with the railed version.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I’m very fond of the design.
I was intrigued by the MarColMar rifles. As someone above said, the build quality looks to be excellent but I believe that’s mainly due to them making most of the parts themselves.
I’ve got several HK9X clones and knowing that I’d shoot it once or twice then retire it to a safe I didn’t pick one up … due to advancing arthritis & age, with no one to pass them down to I decided to pass … besides, I’d want to SBR it and that will make it more difficult to sell when the time comes.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The one thing that's very odd with the design is the BHO. It's not intuitive. Not a knock on Marcolmar...they essentially re-manufacture what the Spanish designed.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
The one thing that's very odd with the design is the BHO. It's not intuitive. Not a knock on Marcolmar...they essentially re-manufacture what the Spanish designed.

That and I'm seeing reviews that it's a very awkward cheek weld up against a stock with a sharp-ish edge. Saw comments on Youtube videos of this rifle from Spanish servicemembers who didn't have many good things to say about it. They seemed to like the CETME C (7.62mm) but not the 5.56mm L version as much.

I have the Century Arms C308 which is a CETME C based one (.308/7.62mm). Still have not shot it yet, bought it from a member here unfired. Planning to have my FFL who is a pretty competent gunsmith as well take a good look at it to check headspace, roller wear etc and install an extended charging handle.

Posts: 33787 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one several weeks ago. I had never heard of it, but saw it mentioned on another gun forum. I already have an H&K 91 and thought it might be interesting to get something similar in 5.56. Marcomar has a good reputation and I thought the balance of what I saw online was positive. I got the green one with the rail. I am pleased with it, so far. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. The weather has kept me from doing too much at the range. I think if I could only have one 5.56 rifle, it would be an AR 15. But I think the CETME is an interesting design.

Posts: 619 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jerod
posted Hide Post
Green w/o rail. Drooled over them in the Pics of Clinton Ezells " Small Arms Of the World" back in the 80s and had to have one. Have not shot it yet. Pistol grip is too short for me.

Sig 551
W. German P228
W. German P226
Spec. Conf.P220
Navy MK 25
Non rail P229

Posts: 168 | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post