SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    If I lived in Iowa or Ohio, I'd buy this rifle likkity-split.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If I lived in Iowa or Ohio, I'd buy this rifle likkity-split. Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted
In fact, I want it anyway. If I hadn't have just purchased back a No. 1 that I sold a friend a few years ago, I'd have already bought it. My wife doesn't understand why I need a sixth No.1. These are on sale at a sporting goods store for $1199.

The 450 Bushmaster would be perfect for those shotgun states.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just fine now doubt. I use a tricked out Knight Elite in 45 cal for the shotgun zone. It works for me, more fiddling for sure. It’s at least equivalent to a single shot 30-30, likely better.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Iowa isn’t limited to straight walled cartridges or shotgun anymore. The 450 has largely died off with the introduction of the 350 legend, in the Midwest anyways.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
I have a partial box of .450 Marlin Free to anyone who needs it. 9 rounds left from a 10 round box. Email is one my profile.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I probably would too. I just bought a No. 1 in .45/70 but blued. I’d love a stainless version though I’m not sure if it came out in stainless. My first intro into Ruger falling blocks was a Ruger No. 3 in .375 Win.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post