SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    IOR/Valdada Scopes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IOR/Valdada Scopes Login/Join 
posted
What happened to IOR/Valdada scopes? I do not hear any discussion about their scopes, or any ads in the gun rags. They still have a website. I have an old 1.1-4x26 that sits on my SIG 5.56, and has been a great scope.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Plenty for sale online, seem to start and $2500 and go up and up. That will certainly limit broad acceptance and becoming common at your local range. Smile Happy with the market share they have, no need for tons of marketing?

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
About 20 years ago IOR had quality and warranty issues. If you dealt with them then you never would again.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Had one on a custom Remmie 700 .300wm. Bought it at a Denver gun show where I met the seller/US rep years ago. The glass was excellent, the scope was on the heavy side but it survived me backing up a Blazer over it with just a tiny ding on the adjustment cover. Never lost zero. Sold it with the rifle when the package got to heavy climbing Colorado mountains.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have one that I bought about 10 years ago that’s riding on top of a Scar 17. Held up to the abuse the Scar puts it through but as others have said it’s heavy. I just haven’t gotten around to putting something better on it. The glass is very good.

Posts: 2951 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"Heavy", that's the main thing I remember about the one I used. Very much so.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the input.

Posts: 141 | Registered: June 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post